8 replies to this topic

#1 Julets

Julets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

I have a regular cygnos v2 jtaged xbox. I updated the dash to a later one right after xgd3 was official. By that I mean I'm not sure what version, but it looks like the latest (latest as of 05.30.2012...419'ish). It was working fine, but then I played a retail game.

I threw in a retail xgd3 game (COD MW3) and I never updated the dvdrom for xgd3, so it immediately blinked out. However, I thought it was just the bank that had something else on it that wouldn't boot normally anyways, so I switched over to bank 2 (Cygnos bank) and tried again, same thing. That is when it came to me that it was a xgd3 game and I never updated the dvdrom firmware to handle that.

After I took the game out, I went on to another xbox and started playing. However, when I got back to that one, it gave me 3 red rings on both banks over and over. I don't have the cpu key in a place I can find, I just used the latest program to read it from Xell directly into the program and went on. I have it, but I just won't find it (it's been over 3 years since I wrote it down on something I would call "paper").

So, are these 3 red rings just uncanny timing for the system to finally bomb out or did the xgd3 game cause this? I flashed back the original nand image that came with the xbox with the same result. But it's so old I'm not sure if party chat on xbox live was even around (the orginal nand image I know is the blade style, as most were for jtag'ing).

My last ditch effort would/could be to remove the cygnos and try vanilla jtag.

BTW I removed the resistor to the fuse when I installed the cygnos.

BTW again, why do I need the cpu key for these lateast programs? I don't remember ever needing it for XBR (which was what was on there prior to this update).

Edited by Julets, 31 May 2012 - 02:31 AM.

#2 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:11 AM

I think that updating to the latest dash after the XGD3 became official would put you at 13146. if i am correct. It may be 13599 that you're on actually. So, if am reading correctly, you didn't take an freeboot/modified nand update. That was probably your error. The stock dash would of negated some things that applied to the cygnos/freeboot days.

You needed to use a modern Freeboot toolbox utilitly or Xebuild or Multibuilder, Jrunner to take care of the differences since the cygnos days. I think the latest jtag style dashboards and GPU shader injection exploit works by modifying smc.bin. There was specific soldering points to redo in order to take advantage of that method.

It's best that you just start fresh and explore the boxxdr alternate TMS/TDI audio clamp transistor method. And, please don't update the dash anymore as you may have to do an RGH 2.0 procedure for future modded console that runs unsigned code.

Remember JTAG is only good on dashboards below 8955. But, as stated above ,you can get above 8955 on modified dashes to run newer games. but that requires use of specialized freeboot/Xebuild/multibuild/rgloader/ tools to automatically rebuild you a fresh modified dash to run unsigned code.

edit:But you also may have gotten 3RROD as well. Since you're console is an old phat. Because running a stock nand shouldn't be any problems. So, i don't know. I doubt the XGd3 game caused the 3RROD though. It's just coincindence.

Edited by deilzfcjk, 31 May 2012 - 04:14 AM.

#3 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

Sounds to me like he has updated his xbox via a disc update so he has to reflsh his hacked nand, then update it properly. But if he doesnt have a backup or his CPU key, then the only way to recover is to remove the jtag wiring and use it stock or to RGH the machine.

#4 Julets

Julets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

I didn't update off of the modern warfare 3 disc. This cygnos box was working fine for everything before this event. Another cygnos box I have works fine (however I updated the dvdrom, so I knew COD would work on that without the blinking light).

I guess the system could of overheated when this happened somehow, plunging a soon to be doomed xbox to it's immediate death.

Strange thing though, this xbox immediately rrod's. Not like others I have reflowed or trashed...soon as I press the button it's 3rrod.

#5 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

Get the secondary RROD error code and look up the error, it may just be a dvd rom error, which may be resolved buy re-flashing the dvd firmware.

After reading a bit more, what is the current state of the Xbox? from what I understand its this.

The xbox is wired for Jtag and has Cygnos v 2 installed, but you now have original nand flashed (Stock nand I believe). Is this correct?

If so then you will not be able to boot the xbox untill you either re flash the Jtag compatible hacked nand image back or remove the jtag wiring.

#6 Julets

Julets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

All correct. However, I don't get a error code, is the secondary error code something else besides something like e79 or whatever in red text? . There's nothing that comes up, just immediately red rings.

#7 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

Error codes explained and how to get the secondary error code.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=484726

#8 Julets

Julets

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

Ok did that. It read in flashing lights, 4, 4, 2, 4. Which is 0020. Which according to that page "0020 See Error E08". Which reads...

"E08: Unconfirmed: General I/O Malfunction, could be caused by an error with any of the I/O devies such as A/V port, USB, Hard drive, DVD drive, etc. over torquing of the AV or heatsync bolts can cause this error."

I can't say that the heat sync is over torqued causing flex. There is no hdd connected to xbox, no usb drives. Possibly the A/V or dvdrom is all that looks to be applicable (outside the fact it's just dead beyond repair).

The dvdrom works in another jtag and rgh (although I still have yet to update it for xgd3 compatibility).

I'll probably just give up. It is a old phat, only reason I wanted to bring it back to life was because it was my first cygnos. Which btw I checked all points, so I believe there is no shorts or disconnects involving that. Also it still reads and flashes with the cygnos gui app.

Probably will take off the cygnos and put it with the possible good scrap.

Thanks for that link to the secondary codes. Never seen that before even though it was posted 6 years ago. Not sure how I missed that all these years but that will come in handy in the future.

#9 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

You just need to flash xell to the box then get your keys again and then build a jtag hacked nand for dash 14719 then flash that and all should be good. That is unless the box really has RROD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users