Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

Give me details about your setup. what you have tried ect.

Photo's would help too, even if your confident about your soldering.

My last RGH2.0 config was like this.

I used combo of Jrunner (for ecc file) and Multibuilder to create final image, jrunners final image didnt work at all.
Config:
TX Coolrunner Rev C
C15 JP - Open
Cap - Open
R12 10ohm Resistor - Points 3-2 Closed
Cpu reset wire - 47.5CM, routed topside around CPU, past the ROL, around GPU and back to coolrunner.
No extra caps or resistors, sheilded wire didnt work.
Timing file - B
Xbox Type: Jasper 512mb
Results: Boots in approx 10 secs, xell in 5 secs.

#17 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

#18 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Soldering on the jumper points on the CR look a little sloppy because I've been flashing the coolrunner with different timings and then bridging and unbridging to see if I can get it to glitch. I just didn't take time to clean up the board before snapping the pics.

Two xbox 360's

1. Zephyr
2. Falcon

Pics are of the Falcon.

I started by using the pics in JRunner for "RGH2 on phat w/ wires" (or whatever its called, I'm at work). I set everything up the way that the pics tell me to do for RGH2.

Then after that I used JRunner to read the nands and flash the coolrunner and ecc file to nand. After testing for xell and not being able to get it to glitch I went back and flashed coolrunner to timing A and then testing each jumper config with it. No dice. I then did the same thing with each of the other timings.

I've let each config sit for up to 5 minutes to wait for glitch and xell. Never happened.

I've wired and rewired several times. So much so that I've actually lifted the STBY_CLK point and had to use an alternate on the Zephyr. Ugh.

#19 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

anyone?

#20 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

Read where several people are having the same problems as me. They just bought a Matrix Glitcher v2 and popped it in using the same wires as the coolrunner and bam, it worked. So to me that suggests something wrong with my coolrunner. I'm going to order a Matrix chip right now.

(two wasted coolrunners for sale if anyone wants a rev b or rev c.)

#21 Dicko316

Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

It doesn't seem like you have tried too many configs! going by what you say above thats only about 8-12 combinations.

Have you tried different length wires? and types?

Have you tried different value resistors? instead of or as well as using the 10ohm one built into the circuit on cool runner rev C? try 0 ohm all the way through to 1k ohm.

Then there is the Cap and Resistor in parallel combo, you tried any of that?

You can wire up the Shielded cable/blue wire to the bottom of the board too have you tried that?

Have you tried a different ecc file from a different program?

I've mentioned everything you can possibly try in previous posts, you just seem to think there is a magic solution to your problem.

The last falcon I did took ages to get it to glitch it took a few days of messing on with different configs.

#22 dcaway

dcaway

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:14 AM

not sure on tx chips rev c chips, but for rgh2 on the chips i've used, you have to set the slim jumper/solder pointe. did you try setting the switch to slim? i thought rgh2 on phats was equivalent to rgh1 on slim (sda/scl) glitching cb_b (a different part of the bootloader)

#23 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

Oh yeah, switched that puppy back and forth from phat to slim with dozens of different configs. Made no difference.

QUOTE(Dicko316 @ Jun 14 2012, 01:42 PM) View Post

It doesn't seem like you have tried too many configs! going by what you say above thats only about 8-12 combinations.

Have you tried different length wires? and types?

Have you tried different value resistors? instead of or as well as using the 10ohm one built into the circuit on cool runner rev C? try 0 ohm all the way through to 1k ohm.

Then there is the Cap and Resistor in parallel combo, you tried any of that?

You can wire up the Shielded cable/blue wire to the bottom of the board too have you tried that?

Have you tried a different ecc file from a different program?

I've mentioned everything you can possibly try in previous posts, you just seem to think there is a magic solution to your problem.

The last falcon I did took ages to get it to glitch it took a few days of messing on with different configs.

That's all I've been doing for that past two weeks now. Yes to all your questions. I've read and read and soldered and unsoldered many, many different combinations of configurations. No, I probably haven't tried every possible combination of configurations and wiring possibilities that exist for RGH. I've spent enough time trying with coolrunner. I'm moving to a different brand to see if that works.

If it takes too much longer I'll just go find a jtag-able xbox at one of my local pawn shops that doesn't take 30+ hours to perform the hack. I've found tons before and the last time I looked (last month) I found 6 total in three different shops. Only takes me 30 minutes to get a JTAG done. No fuss, no mess.

Thanks for all your help anyways. I'll report back if the Matrix works or not. After that I'm done messing.

#24 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

Tried the Matrix Glitcher. No love.

I guess I'm really going to have to spend a few hours with the wiring configs and see if I can tweak this thing to glitch.

#25 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Status update:

I really took some time this weekend (almost my whole Saturday) and focused on trying to get either of my two systems to glitch.

I know that I'm missing something because I meticulously went through each wiring connection and tested for continuity and signal degradation. Everything is perfect. I rewired everything from scratch. The pictures in this thread are no longer relevant. I'll update later with more pics.

I tried all 5 different timings (A, B, C, D, and falcon) with every combination of jumped points on the CR rev 3 that I can find.

I can't get either box's (one is a zephyr and the other a falcon) to glitch to xell.

If you've seen my other thread you know that I no longer have the original nand for the falcon anymore (hard drive crashed right after flashing ecc file).

I now have:

1. Coolrunner rev B
2. Coolrunner rev c
3. Matrix Glitcher 2

and:

1. Zephyr with orginal nand
2. Falcon with ecc file flashed to it and NO original nand.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm using Jrunner on both of these. Is it possible that I missed a step in jrunner or the program didn't do something right?

Maybe I should start from scratch on the Zephyr and see if I can follow a different guide that doesn't use jrunner. I don't know. I'm out of options here.

Edited by highonxbox, 02 July 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#26 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

Guys I don't know what else to do here. I've checked all wiring of continuity and read over tons of different wiring diagrams and tried them all.

Is there anyone out there that can help me spot my problem? When the JTAG hack first came out it seams like there were a ton of great guides out there. Now all I have is wiring diagrams.

I guess that should be enough but neither of these two systems will glitch. At all. No matter what I try.

#27 deilzfcjk

deilzfcjk

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Interests:chicks, fixing my car and computers, working on websites, relaxing.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

dude this thread has been going on for 4 months over, and were heading to 2013 soon. You should hire someone. A falcon should be easy as pie on RGH1. And a zephyr should be manageable but definitely a little more work. I don't know what else to tell you.

#28 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

What a constructive and helpful post. Thank you.

#29 infoleather

infoleather

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

You just bypass bridge 2 points. This also applies to the 10 ohm resistor.

#30 firebuddie

firebuddie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

Fippping heck....this RGH melarky sounds a nightmare for the Phats if you get a bad un (aka ball buster of a console)!!!!

Man I feel for you. If there is any love left in the scene, some glitch 'expert' should offer this dude an hour off their time and look at his RGH...fresh eyes and all that.

Edited by firebuddie, 20 November 2012 - 01:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users