Definitely Wapner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:19 PM

I kinda came across this neat little device while surfing the web. Seems like this team out of hong kong has taken the setup of the matrix trident a bit further and integrated an actel based glitcher into the mix. It's completely QSB with just a few wires. Pretty neat design and concept. Check it out:

X360PROV4 Official Site

Where To Buy

I've bought a few wii devices from Digimartz in the past. I may take a stab at this device, seeing as though it's only $29.25 and has free shipping.

Figured I'd post this up. Found it interesting. Others may too.

#2 pigbait

pigbait

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Have you got this chip yet? How is it? I might try it also

#3 Technitian3

Technitian3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:alchemy, metallurgy, philosophy
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

Can't beat the price, too bad it won't work for RGH2.0.

#4 Definitely Wapner

Definitely Wapner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

If something like this can be produced and sold for only $30, how can TX rationalize selling just a dual NAND device with built in NAND reader for $60?

Give us an all in one product like this. At $60 for their NAND product and $20+ for their coolrunner, that's outrageous.

I hope someone from TX catches wind of this product, or even Maximus (better IMO) and take the idea and run with it. Make a $50 all in one with a trusted name and it'll sell like hot cakes. Especially since the entire apparatus can be installed BENEATH the board.

#5 D2C MASTER

D2C MASTER

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE(Technitian3 @ Jun 9 2012, 05:45 PM) View Post

Can't beat the price, too bad it won't work for RGH2.0.

Yes it does.

Edited by D2C MASTER, 09 July 2012 - 01:47 AM.

#6 Dillmiester

Dillmiester

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Has anyone heard anything about a Phat version?

#7 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(Definitely Wapner @ Jun 10 2012, 02:40 PM) View Post

If something like this can be produced and sold for only $30, how can TX rationalize selling just a dual NAND device with built in NAND reader for $60?

Give us an all in one product like this. At $60 for their NAND product and $20+ for their coolrunner, that's outrageous.

I hope someone from TX catches wind of this product, or even Maximus (better IMO) and take the idea and run with it. Make a $50 all in one with a trusted name and it'll sell like hot cakes. Especially since the entire apparatus can be installed BENEATH the board.

They think since their name is hot they can sell for high price. $60 for demon is ripoff considering other options that do same thing. Paying for loyalty to a name is like staying with verizon after they introduced their new share data plans.

#8 D2C MASTER

D2C MASTER

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Jul 9 2012, 08:25 PM) View Post

They think since their name is hot they can sell for high price. $60 for demon is ripoff considering other options that do same thing. Paying for loyalty to a name is like staying with verizon after they introduced their new share data plans.

I agree with you 100%. the demon is just a new shiny Cygnos v2. im trying to install it on a phat system now.

#9 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE(D2C MASTER @ Jul 9 2012, 05:53 PM) View Post

I agree with you 100%. the demon is just a new shiny Cygnos v2. im trying to install it on a phat system now.

I mean shit after you buy a demon and if you CANT install it yourself, you might as well go on craigslist and buy a cheap used system to use on live or to RGH. $30-$40 would be a fair price I think for the Demon

There is to much dicking around to do if you are gonna use a dual nand system on live anyways. You have to mess with LDVs and crap. If you aren't installing the dual/triple nand yourself I can see it being a problem for some people in the future, especially if they dont have a QSB installed or know how to solder or know how to open a xbox. I got a phat for live and a slim GOW3 for RGH. Just nice to have 2 separate xbox anyways..

Edited by BoNg420, 10 July 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#10 gaban

gaban

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

Thanks for the link smile.gif the price is really cheap for a 3 in 1 chip. i will be buying it biggrin.gif no need to compare this to demon, you are insane if you still want to buy demon after seeing this tongue.gif even trident is just a few dollars cheaper than this.
with the latest xebuild there is no need to mess with ldv value so you can update retail nand without needing to flash glitch nand again. Anyway, if you are using this chip or demon there is no need to open the xbox anymore since you can access the nand without opening the xbox. The only problem is boot time and perhaps future update will stop dual nand from working but its a risk im willing to take.

#11 codec192

codec192

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Demon is only $50 from China. If this is anything like the trident, it's a giant piece of shit. Trident was the worst ever. I'm no TX appologist but they are offering more than just dual nand with the demon anyways through addons but you bitchy people who piss on things simply because they say TX don't care about that.

#12 Definitely Wapner

Definitely Wapner

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

The issue is cost. $50 is still overpriced. The device (Demon) contains roughly $8 worth of parts. Basically all the new adopters are paying for is TX's months of R&D plus markups from resellers (all resellers suck because they price items like coolrunners 2X their cost).

The trident itself is still overpriced, but at specific resellers, can be purchased for $25. I'm assuming all these retailers selling tridents buy them for around $18 and double them to profit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users