4 replies to this topic

#1 Seanaroonie

Seanaroonie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

Hi there,
Fairly new to the Xbox hardware modding scene. I have numerous external hard drives lying around and was curious if i purchased an xbox slim hard drive casing if it was possible to take my 320GB Seagate and install it in the casing to get it to work as an internal hard drive?

I tried searching for this but couldn't find a direct answer anywhere. Seems to be more people take the old Xbox 360 hard drives and put them in the slim casing.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks smile.gif

#2 canyonnehastings

canyonnehastings

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE(Seanaroonie @ May 31 2012, 07:19 PM) View Post

Hi there,
Fairly new to the Xbox hardware modding scene. I have numerous external hard drives lying around and was curious if i purchased an xbox slim hard drive casing if it was possible to take my 320GB Seagate and install it in the casing to get it to work as an internal hard drive?

I tried searching for this but couldn't find a direct answer anywhere. Seems to be more people take the old Xbox 360 hard drives and put them in the slim casing.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks smile.gif

I'm pretty sure the only drive that can be converted to work in a 360 is the WD Scorpio Blue, but don't quote me on that.

Otherwise, any phat xbox hard drive can be put in a slim HDD case and work fine. You can probably sell that seagate and get an old 250gb drive for a decent amount.

#3 Seanaroonie

Seanaroonie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE(canyonnehastings @ Jun 1 2012, 01:23 AM) View Post

I'm pretty sure the only drive that can be converted to work in a 360 is the WD Scorpio Blue, but don't quote me on that.

Otherwise, any phat xbox hard drive can be put in a slim HDD case and work fine. You can probably sell that seagate and get an old 250gb drive for a decent amount.

Ah, thanks a bunch for the quick reply. I've been searching for a while. Figured I'd just order one of another site to save some time unless I can find a cheap old hard drive.
Thanks again. Cheers!

#4 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(Seanaroonie @ Jun 1 2012, 03:29 AM) View Post

Ah, thanks a bunch for the quick reply. I've been searching for a while. Figured I'd just order one of another site to save some time unless I can find a cheap old hard drive.
Thanks again. Cheers!

You can find some compatibles for around 70 Euros... with the case

#5 hardrock351w

hardrock351w

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

If it is a 4gb slim,...check this out: