• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

Thank you for any and all help provided,

Silly 2 part question, please be gentle:

I bought a segate 1TB 3.0 external for my 360 and my question before I open it is if the system will be able to read the drive? Will be use with FSD.

And second will I be able to format whole drive to Fat32? ( talking about GB size ) exact or close ball park figure.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:51 AM

Yes and yes. You'll need to use a program to format it FAT32 (SwissKnife, etc.), but it should work fine after that.

#3 vicicarus

vicicarus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

thank you so much for the reply,

Swissnife wont fly on my pc for some odd reason so I did some research and found a another program to format but it only did 931GB does this seem about right? It does work on the system BTW......

thank you so much for the reply,

Swissnife wont fly on my pc for some odd reason so I did some research and found a another program to format but it only did 931GB does this seem about right? It does work on the system BTW......

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:46 AM

Yes. Hard drives are sold in multiples of 1000. So, in retail terms, a 1TB hard drive is 1000GB. In actual computer world, everything is in powers of 2. So, a gigabyte (or, actually, a gebibyte), is 1024MiB, while 1TiB is 1024GiB. The computer only deals in terms of powers of 2, so its terms are different from the hard drive manufacturers.

In raw numbers, 1TB (how HDDs are sold) is 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. 1TiB (what the Xbox or computer sees) is 1,099,511.627,776 bytes. So, you don't have those extra bytes on the disk, hence the appearance of lost data.

Clear as mud?

#5 vicicarus

vicicarus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:14 AM

.......................... uhh.gif

LOL, yes in a way I get it......... Thank you so much for all the assistance..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users