Photo

What Do You Do The Most With Your Xbox 360?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: What Do you do the most with your Xbox 360?

Select the best choice..

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

Curious what you guys are currently doing on your 360's.

#2 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

A few months back I got my first new 360 console since 2009. Nice unit. Sleek and quiet. Jumped on Live and started playing Reach and Gears of War 3.

I don't do Netflix on my console, but that is only because I have a PC with XBMC permanently connect via HDMI to the TV, and it also has Netflix setup.

I don't really socialize at all with it. Not fond of the Facebook integration.

#3 garyopa

garyopa

X-S Expert

• Admin
  • 745 posts
  • Interests:Embedded Hardware and Firmware
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Play games. -- But 'offline ones' -- Not really into the multi-player online stuff, makes no sense to me.

I rather chill in person with my friends, we throw up the 300" screen, grab something like NHL, some beers and have a good time shooting the puck and talking shit, and getting drunk.

That is true multi-player.

I guess I am old-school when it comes to gaming. -- Even single-player ones don't have to be boring by yourself, invite some friends over, and play a good game together, if you die your friend takes over, or a two-player racing game, take turns, see whom drives better, etc.

All this online stuff, just extra, not really needed.

As for media, only time I used an Xbox for media was the Xbox 1 and XBMC, otherwise I run a HDMI cable to my PC and enjoy it directly, no messing with files, usb sticks, and network setups.

#4 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

mostly play forza, gots me a steering wheel with force feedback just for my forza games so yeah thats what i do..
I dont play asmuch since the baby arrived, and havent paid for a xbl subscription since she was about a month old. So i dont play on it much at all now.
Its just a old jasper system, havent even botherd to flash the drive. not in to all that stuff for the 360 lol, which is suprizing as i have flashed lots of drives for other, and considering what i do to the classic xbox.

#5 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

I miss the days when I had a projector and could split-screen across the wall. NoRemorse back in the day got me into using the projector. Swore by it for many years.

#6 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Mine gets used for single player gaming and that's about it. I'm not big on multiplayer gaming these days. I recently decided not to renewed my Gold sub. First time in 5 years! Party chat and the fact nobody ever uses their mics anymore really killed it for me. I still buy lots of games for the system but mostly just for single player campaign. I also still rock the HD-DVD drive which I use every now and then biggrin.gif . I stocked up on unwanted movies when the format died tongue.gif .

All my HD media needs are now handled by my tiny Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2. Smaller than a pack of cigs and it plays everything I throw at it in 1080p without even getting warm. My fully modded XBMC original Xbox sits just underneath it as a reminder of how things used to be biggrin.gif .

#7 Code-Red

Code-Red

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Jun 5 2012, 05:38 PM) View Post
Party chat and the fact nobody ever uses their mics anymore really killed it for me.

Agreed. Xbox Live doesn't feel like it used to. I remember playing Call of Duty 2, having rooms full of Aussies, Americans, British... it was almost like a party. We'd all be talking, shooting the shit about world events/movies/games/etc. Now, if you're lucky to find someone with a mic, it's a 5 year old smack talking on COD MW15 saying how he's going to "pwn your mother".

I mainly use my Xbox for Youtube and the occasional match of Battlefield 3 with friends. Other than that, I've gone back to PC gaming. Right now I'm working on ressurecting one of my softmods, to go along with the other 3 Xbox's I have... going to make a mini-LAN setup in my apartment for some old school Xbox gaming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users