4 replies to this topic

#1 mx5xm

mx5xm

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

Okay, I just bought a RGH Xbox, not sure of the mod (yet to arrive) but I do know it is part of a Slim GOW3 Xbox. Price was too cheap to pass up so I didn't ask questions.

Anywho, I'm interested in a few things.

1 - Is there any recommended dash or is there just one dash, etc.

2 - I know of the usual places to find what I need, but is there any recommended apps / players / emulators I should get familiar with?

3 - Xecuter Fusion, I'm excited about this and in fact it's why I decided to get a RGH box finally, problem is I don't really understand it and if it's something that's ready for a noob like me to even consider using right away.

I am sure these questions have been asked over and over again, but any assistance is appreciated. I used to be pretty versed in the original Xbox modding community but I'm starting over now from scratch. Thanks

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

There's FreeStyle Dash, but it's not been updated in a while. TeamFSD is really bad about feature-creep, so I wouldn't expect anything new from them soon.

I wouldn't touch Fusion for a while. It's still in beta and you don't want to risk that nice box if there are any issues with Fusion.

As for apps, I'll let others recommend some. I haven't used any apps on my exploited consoles in some time.

#3 mx5xm

mx5xm

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for the info.

Hoping to find something similar to XBMC, even if that's a pipe dream, just to play videos off the hard drive is all I need.

Thanks for the info.

Hoping to find something similar to XBMC, even if that's a pipe dream, just to play videos off the hard drive is all I need.

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

There have been some proof of concept apps, but I've not seen anything official.

#5 40_ounce

40_ounce

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

No xbmc for 360.... Best bet is to get a apple tv 2nd gen for that... Anyway use freestyle dash for your dashboard. That's what I use and love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users