xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

So most of you know i have a repair shop, if you dont now you do. I have a few technicians. Our success rate went down from 90% to 20% we ended up giving a lot of mainboard replacements to customers.

I let all those techs go and myself and my senior techs found 7 so called unrepairables and repaired them. We pretty much used new GPUs on all of them and they worked. Some had bridges and we redid them and others the GPUs would not stick so for time purposes i just removed and put new GPUs on them and would ball the rest later.

The purpose of this post is to show that a lot of these things can be repaired. If you are having bad success then its all YOU AND YOUR PROCESS. I did train all our techs but most of them were just in it for the money and which is why they sucked ass. Those that wanted to actually LEARN and make money are the techs that did not get fired.

The right equipment helps enormously. All 7 of these machines were done on my new rework station which removes, places and aligns the chips for me. Lifted pads are almost impossible with this machine. Bridging is very rare as well since alignment is spot on, i am not trying to show off my equipment only simply trying to reiterate everything i have been telling you all for a long time, you just cant do the same type of repair if your not using the right equipment.

Griddles, small preheaters etc; it just aint gonna work. Using other peoples profiles and not using the right flux and other tools aint gonna work.

I spent 2 mo developing profiles for my new machine and it paid off. I use kingbo flux and regular chinese solder balls on all of the, everything came out great now.

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

interestingly, I would agree with you, the equipment makes much difference. Speaking of that, since I have started reworking on PS3 machines I think I need new rework station. Can you PM which one you have chosen? The automation you refer to, sounds pretty handy smile.gif

#3 xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:34 AM

PM sent, if i dont reply to threads send me a pm as i sometimes get busy and forget

#4 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

While i don't have the more expensive machines, I have a T8280 Preheater and a Aoyue 968 and process is everything. I had a griddle before, trash. Not even worth it, the heat was extremely uneven, some claim they reball GPU with it, but never show proof. Great thing about the T8280 is i can re-ball laptop motherboards too. And those techs you had are ungrateful. I would love to learn more electronics and repair, which is why I'm currently studying it. I hope you find Techs who would actually enjoy fixing the consoles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users