Dicko316

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:15 PM

I was doing the kamikaze hack on a lite-on 1071 winbond (its not my first kamikaze), and was drilling the hole to break the connection when I accidently touched the motherboard a few times with the resistor and wire, this crashed JF (Jungle Flasher) but I drilled a bit more (waiting for the sound to stop drilling, I was using hand drill that somes in one of those template kits) because I didn't notice it had crashed.

When I realised it had crashed I immediately stopped drilling, I had to close JF via Taskmanager and then reload it.
When I reloaded JF the drive failed to show up and says not detected, I cannot see any burnt caps/reistors/V regs, I did notice the 3.3v 600mA LDO Regulator (nearest the dvd power cable) gets very hot and very quickly. I know its supposed to get hot but its hotter than a normal one is as I compared to a fully working board of the exact same make/model etc.

I swapped out this 3.3v 600mA LDO Regulator, with one from a different board but the same thing happens as before, and the old one works fine in the other drive. So that takes that out of the equation. But I mentioned it because it may give a clue as to why its not working.

Right so my question is, is the drive not working because I've drilled to far into the chip? or because of the resistor touching the board? or both?

What could of blown? if its not the chip?

I'm not trying to get any keys etc from the board, so I don't need comments like use a replacement PCB. I'm just trying to find out if this board is dead or salvageable.

I have an ESR meter coming this week so I will be able to test caps too, I've just got a multimeter at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users