• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xcj

xcj

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

Hi! I'm a moderatly experienced 360 user but a total newb regarding JTAG.

I had 2 360's , both with modded drives (LT2.0) but one always had the ethernet cable connected and was the main use console and the other was in another room and was rarelly used.

Whenever i wanted i would move the HDD from one console to the other and the profile would be selectable from the HDD and i could continue to play games usualy played in the other console and whenever i took the HDD back to the first console i would resume playing where i left them in the second console.

One day the main console got banned from LIVE and the profille started to appear as currupted in the other console. I read that this is an expected whenever a console is banned, and i didn't do anything to workaround this issue and continued to only use the banned console where the profile was perfectly usable.

Another day the banned console broke down and i decided to pay someone to JTAG the other. The other console has an internal memory unit and in that it has a test profile that i created in it before the JTAG.I asked to use the HDD enclosure from the banned console to install a bigger HDD and leave the original untouched, this way i could start to work on recovering the banned profile to the new HDD.

I was able to extract the "content" directory from partition3 from the banned console's HDD, i then uploaded it via FTP to the new HDD on the JTAG console (/Hdd1/content) , my first problem now is how can i select it on the JTAG console? i dont have the option to select profiles from HDD only from the internal memory unit, and i dont't have enough space on the internal memory to copy my old profile.

This new HDD is not partitioned as the original, can this be the reason why it simply doesn't show up when i try to sign in the profile?

This new HDD is working, it even has a few games on it, it simply isn't visible as a source to select a profile from.

I know that i still have a lot of work ahead to uncurrupt the profile, but for now i just want to fix this first issue.

Many thanx in advance!

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE(xcj @ Jun 4 2012, 06:00 PM) View Post
s not partitioned as the original, can this be the reason why it simply doesn't show up when i try to sign in the profile?

Yes. You need to format the disk on the dash before it will be usable. Just go to the storage settings and you should be able to format it. Just make sure you don't leave anything on there which you don't have another copy of as it will all be erased.

#3 xcj

xcj

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

I have the console booting up with the FreestyleDash, the format can be done directly from it or it has to be from the NXE?

If i format it will i loose the freestyle dash or is it installed in firmware? (or it depends?)

Also, since this is not a standart size 360HDD (it's a 320Gb HDD) will it work?

Tks!

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

I believe it has to be done from the dash. Anything that's on the hard drive will be erased. This includes FSD.

Any size drive will work with a glitched or exploited console.

#5 xcj

xcj

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

Thanks! I got it working!

Formating the HDD trough the NXE and moving the working profile from the internalMU to the HDD i was able to place my currupted profile next to it, after that it was only a question of finding out how to uncurrupt it!

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users