getPWNEDrookee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:God,<br />Games,<br />Girls,<br />Work
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:14 AM

I bought a slim 4gb xbox almost a year ago now, read up, and bought a western digital 500gb hard drive with plans to fat partition as much as xbox would let me partition and use. I partitioned 64 gb (It is what i read XBOX would allow somewhere on the internet), plugged it in and it would have worked except before i could use it xbox had to "Configure it", after that was all said and done I ended up with a 64gb partition on my external and the xbox only sees alittle less then 16gb of it. I tried to redo the partition with many utilities on my laptop but none of them can even see the partition after xbox "Configured" it, even though when I plug it into the xbox all my saved games and everything is there. I can even go as far as telling the programs to wipe the harddrive, delete all partitions and start fresh and the games are still there. When I look at the harddrive space it should be close to 500gb but it is at 465, so i lost like 35gb in a 16 gb invisible partition. Is there a utility out there that will let me see and explore the partition? My goal is to take all the saved games and stuff off of the hard drive and thereis not enough space to store it on my 4gb counsel so I have to use a laptop.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:46 AM

You didn't lose any space to an "invisible partition". A 500GB drive has approximately 465GiB of usable space. (I can give you a more detailed explanation if you like.)

I strongly doubt you're actually wiping your external drive. The Xbox data is kept on a standard partition visible to modern operating systems. The data is kept in a folder titled Xbox360 (or something similar).

The Xbox 360 can only use 16GB of space on a drive at a given time, so what you read on the Internet was incorrect. If you need to explore the drive to retrieve the data, using a program like Xtaf GUI or Buffalo Explorer would be your best bet. GIYF for downloads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users