Photo

Found An Old Xbox360 Still New, Sealed In Box... What's It Worth?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chansigril

chansigril

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

found an old xbox360 recently in storage, had forgotten about it.

posted about it on my car forum and the fellas there seem to think it may be worth something since they believe it's "jtaggable".

here's the pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

the box is a little beat up since it was under some other boxes and i had to wipe the layer of dust off it, but it was in climate control and the box seals are intact smile.gif even has the original receipt for purchase tucked into it: $317.99 at gamestop, back in 12/08 smile.gif

so any help, this still worth anything?

#2 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:17 AM

It should be JTAGable. Honestly it would probably have been worth more about a year ago. Are you wanting to get it modded or just trying to see what its worth? I would say get it modded and keep it because I doubt you will get that $317 back from just out right selling it. What ever you decide do not update it.

#3 chansigril

chansigril

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE(steveo1978 @ Jun 7 2012, 08:17 PM) View Post

It should be JTAGable. Honestly it would probably have been worth more about a year ago. Are you wanting to get it modded or just trying to see what its worth? I would say get it modded and keep it because I doubt you will get that $317 back from just out right selling it. What ever you decide do not update it.

don't game enough anymore to make it worthwhile for me to mod it, or even open it at this point.

guess i just want to see what it's worth, suppose i'll list it up in the for sale forums for fair value smile.gif

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

JTAG it, brand new in box with a 60G drive it's got to be worth ~220-250 - maybe a bit less because it's probably a Falcon. You'll just about recover your cost.

#5 canyonnehastings

canyonnehastings

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

QUOTE(chansigril @ Jun 7 2012, 07:42 PM) View Post

don't game enough anymore to make it worthwhile for me to mod it, or even open it at this point.

guess i just want to see what it's worth, suppose i'll list it up in the for sale forums for fair value smile.gif

Well since the RGH and RGH2.0 hacks were released, "jtaggable" Xbox's have gone down in value significantly. Jtagging is still easier and more reliable than RGHing though, so someone may pay something for it. In it's current condition, you might get 150 for it. No one will pay more than 200 since they can get a brand new Slim for 200 on ebay and RGH it, but if you jtag it, the value will definitely go up to maybe $250 if you're very lucky. I sold a similar console, similar manufacture date with cords that was Jtagged...for 100 dollars. And that was my best offer. Everyone seems convinced that because "RGH" was developed later, that its better technology. lol

Anyway, good luck selling. I think you'd have the most luck on Ebay than on a forum. You are allowed to list Xbox's as jtaggable on Ebay.

#6 ninja x

ninja x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

yeah i sold a couple of these pretty similar in the bst forum.
didn't get much maybe $220 each after it was all said and done.

i was happy with that since all i wanted was a rgh replacement.
which in my opinion is a trade up since the old consoles had sooooo
many issues with them.

and rgh is almost as good as a jtag unit.

ph34r.gif
ninja, out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users