• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 traxxton

traxxton

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:25 AM

Im getting back into softmodding xboxes after about 7 years. I got 3 of them, softmodded them, and upgraded the HDD. Im having this weird problem where most games freeze at the title screen when I hit start. This happens when I run them off either the HDD or a DVD. Its not all games but most. All emulators and everything else works 100%.

The way I softmodded it was I use a SID5 download and used the splinter cell exploit. Then installed XBMC. To try to figure this out, I then downloaded Autoinstaller Deluxe 4.53 and re-softmodded it. No luck. Then I downloaded the latest XBMC auto-installer and used the softmod feature to re-softmod it. No luck.

Im not sure what I am doing wrong. Any ideas. I do have 1 of my old softmodded xboxes I made about 7 years ago and the games play fine, so its not the disc/iso file. Also, if I let the game go into its demo mode, the demo (and 3D graphics) works fine. Its just when im at the "press start to continue" is where most games just freeze.

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

sounds like either eeprom conflict or cache..
could also be a hard disk issue..

Presonaly i would use hexen "heimdalls xbox engineering disk" to 1 click install krazies 1.1.1 sc soft mod. and install unleash x,
i would have hexen clear up all un used install files.
and then id have it delete un needed eeprom files.
I would the clear chache and manualy delete the contents of the drives.

Edited by shambles1980, 08 June 2012 - 04:31 AM.

#3 traxxton

traxxton

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

I got it to work with evox dash. It works so im going to just use that from now on.

Clearing the cache got me past the "start" screen, but its weird because at further options screens it would then lock up before the game started. Cant be HDD failure because it happnes on the three xbox's. It must have been the way i installed it. Well evox dash works and its good enough.

Thanks for the cache suggestion. I didnt know about it.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Clear the cache and delete the contents of the X, Y and Z partitions.

Edited by Heimdall, 10 June 2012 - 06:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users