1 reply to this topic

#1 bobbyuzda

bobbyuzda

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Hey there,

My friend modded my original xbox about 10 years ago, and has worked up until now. I believe my hard drive that he modded, which was the original hard drive that came with the xbox, has incurred the click of death.

I was hoping to put a new HD in there and install Evox on there to get it running again.

How might I install Evox on a new hard drive? I know there are some things to consider like unlocking the drive, and my Xbox code/number...but how this all plays in does not make any sense to me. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

if the xbox was softmoded "files were added to the hard disk" then you will need the EEPROM.bin file
You have to use the eeprom.bin file to lock the new hard disk..

So you would generally..

prepair an xboxhdm disk with softmodded files and the eeprom.bin file
Then you would connect your new hard disk to your pc and boot with the xboxhdm disk.. tell that to prepair your new hard disk and then tell it to lock the hard disk..
this can be a bit awkward for some due to some bioses refuzing to play ball so the drive gets frozen (there is a work around in that situation though)

If your xbox was hardware modified..
"a chip was installed. or the tsop was flashed"
you can simply put the new hard disk in the xbox and put a copy of hexen "Heimdalls xbox engineering disk" in to the dvd drive and start the xbox and follow on screen instructions..

If your xbox starts with a Pink sheild in the top corner or says LOADING IND Bios. or has Xecuter 2 written at the bottom. you are hardware modified for sure.

If you do go to use hexen. remember to burn it to dvd-r at 4x speed or slower, and i recomend ritek 8x dvd-r full face printable disks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users