11 replies to this topic

#1 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

I was following the JRunner guide that comes with the program and I stopped at the point after flashing the ECC file to nand. I attempted to boot to xell after that and it wouldn't glitch. I had to walk away at that point. When I returned several hours later my HD is clicking and the computer won't boot. I'm sure my HD just failed.

*confirmed - drive is dead*

I have several other computers to continue the mod with but how screwed am I at this point?

1. Is there a way to dump whats on the nand and rebuild it back to stock from here?

2. If #1 is not possible can I still just RGH it?

#2 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

wow nuthin huh?

#3 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

As far as I know, a fat will glitch with a donor ecc xell file. It probably helps to know what CB version it was or you might have to try different files. Once you can glitch and get the CPU key, you can build an image. I've read that slims can't use donor CB's but other people claim you can so I don't really know. So if it was slim; you'd be SOL, since it's a Zephyr, you should be able to save it.

#4 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

Well I guess that's where the problem is then. I can't get it to glitch. I have another thread detailing my RGH problems here. I'd like to just return this one to stock if possible right now but if I understand what you're saying I have to first get it to glitch right?

#5 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Yes, your only hope of building a retail image is to first glitch the keys out of it.

#6 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

OK, back to trying to glitch it again. See you in the other thread!

#7 Technitian3

Technitian3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:alchemy, metallurgy, philosophy
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

Take the failed HDD out of your PC and toss it in the freezer for an hour or so, then hook it to another pc with an external connection to try and rescue your data. I had a 1T seagate fail on my desktop last month and managed to salvage almost everything using this method repeatedly.

#8 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Way ahead of ya. I used to work for a local ma and pop computer repair shop. We used to toss drives in the freezer all the time. Drive is kaput.

#9 XGO PARADOX

XGO PARADOX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE(highonxbox @ Jun 14 2012, 09:47 AM) View Post

Way ahead of ya. I used to work for a local ma and pop computer repair shop. We used to toss drives in the freezer all the time. Drive is kaput.

you just completely ruined that drive it is now most likely entirely and forever un-recoverable and you lost your NAND dumps and your Xbox is now impossible to repair without the keys your SOL in both fixing the console and getting your HDD data and apparently you also killed other people's drives for everyone who PAID for service at your shop unless you got very lucky and in which case it would do nothing mad.gif

#10 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:02 AM

That video is posted by someone who wants to scare people into paying for his services. It obviously worked on you.....

#11 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

I've never made any videos so I can't account for whatever youtube video you guys are watching.

The drive was clicking long before I every "tossed" it in the freezer. I'm certain that it was toast before hand. There are many accounts of people saving data by freezing the drive. I won't try and validate that method because it's already been proven to work.

Out of the 4 or 5 times that I used that method in the shop I can't remember it ever NOT working on drives that were simply locked up for whatever reason. The freezing causes the metal to contract and can/will free up a stuck arm. At that point the trick is to quickly get the data off the drive before it seizes again. In this case it didn't work because the drive had bigger issues before I tried to freeze it.

Also, if you properly bag the drive with the correct bags and layer it you won't have any issues after pulling it out. I still have a drive running in one of my PC's that I froze over two years ago.

In any case, the data is NEVER really un-recoverable unless you physically destroy the platters. If I wanted or cared to pay a few hundred bucks I could ship it to a drive recovery company with a clean room and they could get my nand dumps.

So XGO you're kinda talkin outta your ass there.

@Heimdall, I haven't paid anyone for any services so I'm not sure what you're on.

#12 highonxbox

highonxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

@Heimdall, never mind buddy, I see you were talking to XGO PARADOX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users