• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 garl

garl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

Hey people, Im new to soft modding but read alot about it .Though Im still having problems concerning the whole flash drive saving. I used a kingston data traveler 4gb and a duracell 4gb flash drive both of which did not give me the "not working properly files deleted message" but the xbox could read them as memory units after a few seconds and my pc behaved as if they were converted to FATx ( asking to format them). I assumed they work and tried the action replay method, put maxdrive on the usb ,and then opened action replay only to find nothing on it. I then tried to use xebian 1.1.4 to put the saves on it but i couldnt find an accurate tuturial to explain the exact process to me. So if anybody feels like helping a fellow softmodding newb, Im all ears.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

Use Xplorer360 beta 6 on your PC to read and write the softmod files to the USB stick.

#3 garl

garl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 10 2012, 06:20 PM) View Post

Use Xplorer360 beta 6 on your PC to read and write the softmod files to the USB stick.

I previously used xp360 but apparently the files didnt save. I recently used a mp3 player, got the error and i was able to use it as a action replay card but everytime i pluged it into the xbox it just reformated it?! But i will countinue to try to find the right settings.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

There's no need to quote an immediately preceding post.

"Apparently the files didn't save" is a nonsense statement. Either they did save, and you can see them and copy them back to your PC when you reopen the USB stick in Xplorer360 beta 6, or they didn't. There's no "apparently" about it.

I suspect that what you mean is you couldn't see the gamesave when you plugged the USB stick into your Xbox - and that is because you put the files in the wrong place. You have to put the numbered folders in the root of the memory stick - 5553000c and 21585554 for Splinter Cell, 4d530017 for Mechassault, and 4541000d for 007-AUF.

And make sure you use Xplorer360 beta 6 - some of the other versions don't work, beta 6 definitely does.

Edited by Heimdall, 14 June 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#5 garl

garl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

It worked, I didnt know you had to drag the folders onto it rather than just using "insert new folder option". Thanks for the assistance.

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Hopefully you used the Krayzie 1.1.1 softmod installer........

Edited by Heimdall, 14 June 2012 - 04:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users