Photo

Unrecognised Disc After Laser Replacement.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MJ999

MJ999

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

hi, I was having issues with my xbox slim, it would take time to load the games and will show un readable disc. So I tried to change the laser, bought 1 from ebay, After changing the laser it shows UN-recognized disc with the error code 03-57-00.

I tried reflashing it, Changed the worm motor. still the problem persists.

Then SOLDER was removed already,The disc is rotating fine, the laser is moving and glowing..

Please help

#2 bigballs5

bigballs5

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(MJ999 @ Jun 9 2012, 04:06 PM)  

hi, I was having issues with my xbox slim, it would take time to load the games and will show un readable disc. So I tried to change the laser, bought 1 from ebay, After changing the laser it shows UN-recognized disc with the error code 03-57-00.

Then SOLDER was removed already,The disc is rotating fine, the laser is moving and glowing..

Please help

Did you check the laser resistance with a ohm meter m8. Theres a guide on the web somewhere to help you with the readings ect.. Google Pot tweaking

Also I have found that the lasers from fleabay are a bit hit and miss qualitity wise.

#3 canyonnehastings

canyonnehastings

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE(MJ999 @ Jun 9 2012, 10:06 AM)  

Please help

As the other user suggested, get out a multimeter and check the DVD pottentiometer's resistance. Also known as "pot tweaking"

A lot of lasers come off the assembly line uncalibrated. And even if some guy sold you a laser he thought was broken, you may be able to accommodate a worn laser diode by decreasing resistance and making it work again.

I can help you with this if you're not familiar with it, just PM me.

#4 Console Guys

Console Guys

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:cars money PCs Games consoles and modding ALL of them<br />Retro consoles and anything old skool<br /><br />
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

Try following this guide, i use it as a reminder from time to time smile.gif Xecuter- DVD POT Tweaking Guide

Edited by Console Guys, 18 July 2012 - 03:37 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users