4 replies to this topic

#1 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

Built and sold my last Xbox Slim with the built in screen. Now I will be trying this idea again but will go for a custom look, last time I wanted to keep the stock look.

IPB Image

Xbox Slim 4GB case

IPB Image

Wanting a design that stands out a bit more, will be using styrene sheeting to form up some shapes.

IPB Image

Maybe made the cut a little to high this time, actually lost a few of the clips for the top surround.

IPB Image

Same screen will be used again

IPB Image

Frame up the frame

IPB Image

IPB Image

Used glue to hold the styrene

IPB Image

The Xbox case has a few different angles, this time i could mount the screen level

IPB Image

First coat of filler

IPB Image

IPB Image

More of the case will have styrene sheeting.

#2 DragonSlayer1987

DragonSlayer1987

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

You should combine the screen mod and the vault mod and make a removable screen. You could mod the vault to have the speakers integrated and everything plugs into the Xbox with one cable. You could repurpose a VGA cable and even bridge points on the plug so that the Xbox will recognize the screen is connected. Besides the Extra plug the Xbox will look and function like stock.
Just an idea smile.gif

#3 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(DragonSlayer1987 @ Jun 12 2012, 05:38 AM) View Post

You should combine the screen mod and the vault mod and make a removable screen. You could mod the vault to have the speakers integrated and everything plugs into the Xbox with one cable. You could repurpose a VGA cable and even bridge points on the plug so that the Xbox will recognize the screen is connected. Besides the Extra plug the Xbox will look and function like stock.
Just an idea smile.gif

Nice idea, I will be trying this

Didn't get progress pics as I was putting this together, just been trying some different techniques and want something different from the usual.

Maybe something like armour, the squares or sections will be filled with a lid. Kind of confusing to explain ill just have to show you with pictures. Making things up as I go

IPB Image

IPB Image

#4 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

More sanding, still more to go. I don't know where I'm going with these styrene shapes, just keep going till Im happy.

IPB Image

#5 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

Finished the top on the first section

IPB Image

Another section started, getting faster as I go. Learning a lot more with this material. It will look better, just wait to see the final look.

IPB Image

Support, not wanting to put a lid on top with out it being strong, doing it right the first time.

IPB Image

Screen frame almost finished

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users