10 replies to this topic

#1 panda159

panda159

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:34 AM

Hello,

i have huge problem with my xbox. I try to softmode my XBOX 1 rev 1.6 with ndure script. I install xboxhd, ndure 3.0, make an iso and burn it to CD. After that I found PC old enough to everything work and try to hotswap. I try more than 200 hotswap but I didnt have lucky to find xbox-partition on /dev/hda. Sometimes, on boot I got a few errors similar to this one..

hda: read_intr Status 0x59 driveready seekcomplete datarequest error
error 0x40 uncorrectable error LBAsector 3 sector 0

but sometimes there is more than 30-40 errors. After many tries I build a small programmer (I'm hardware engineer) and got EEPROM form chip. With LiveInfo I checked everything and all is fine. Again, I burn CD with xboxhd and ndure and boot to option 3. I use unlockhd -a option and it says completed successful. I type reboot and try to but with option 1 now but got same few error.

I checked a Xbox, i hdd is ulocked i get error on xbox, if I locked it again with lockhd -a everything work fine.

I read many pages on many forums but everyone says that hdd is locked. Well it should be unlocked and he looks like unlocked but still I can stat xbrowser. Every time I got this same error.

Found Harddrive.
We will now search /dev/hda for an xbox partition table...
No xbox-parition table found on /dev/hda

I have no any backup and I need help to get this work. Dash is booting after hdd is locked so I assume that C partition if fine but what can be error then?

Many thanks and sorry for my bad English and long text but I just want to explain all things smile.gif

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(panda159 @ Jun 12 2012, 01:34 AM) View Post
Dash is booting after hdd is locked so I assume that C partition if fine but what can be error then?

So what is it that isn't working. If the dash is booting then your disk has locked OK. You should have used NDURE 3.1, but you can upgrade it quite easily.

Or are you saying that it is booting the MS Dash, but isn't modded? If that is the case then read the link in my signature - "Softmod With eeprom".

#3 panda159

panda159

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

I try to do everything you type. I first boot with option 3 and use unlockhd -a. Then reboot and use option 1. But I still got some (few 4-5 errors) on loading and xbrowser still says that that there is no xbox partition. That is why I think that I have damaged hdd.

I try to put hdd back to xbox just to check if unlockhd and lockhd do what they tell to do and I see that my hdd is unlocked but have some sort of problems with partitions. After locking hdd is working but i dont have mod, I didnt apply ndure script coz my xbrowser never start without xbox partition. Do you have any clue what this can be?

Thanks for fast answer smile.gif

#4 panda159

panda159

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:19 AM

After xboxhd 2.2 an ndure 3.1 iso image burned, I got slax to work and start ndure script. On option 4, backup, i got next error.

mount: unknow filesustem type 'fatx'
mount: maybe you meant 'vfat':
mount: unknow filesustem type 'fatx'
mount: maybe you meant 'vfat':
mkdir: cannot create directory '/xbox2/E/backup/' : File exists

Part 2 of 3
Part 3 of 3

unmount: /dev/hda51: not found
unmount: /dev/hda50: not found

Done... now exxiting.

I think that something is no good smile.gif

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:33 AM

I suspect you are right, and the hard drive is broken.

Try unlocking it, then using Windows to format it, and run checkdisk. If it all works, then try the method in my signature "Build a new softmod disk with eeprom". It uses the same xboxhdm, you just choose slightly different options.

If formatting it in Windows doesn't work then you know that the hard drive is broken.

#6 panda159

panda159

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for replay. I will try it tomorrow (its 3 AM here) and tell you the results smile.gif

#7 panda159

panda159

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hi,
I didn't manage to do something. Can you explain me step by step how to rebuild and reformat hdd? I have eeprom.bin but I dont have any backup from C and E partition. If it is easier iI have spare HDD from 60GB and I can make XBOX hdd from it.
I try to find somewhere C and E backup from other console but search fail. Can I use others C and E backup? Console is never modded. eeprom.bin has been read from chip with programmer.

#8 panda159

panda159

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Again me smile.gif I manage to install original C partition on new hdd with eeprom file. But I have troubles with Ndure. After install script and returning back xbxo start and after microsoft logo picture missing and yellow ring start. I connect xbox over component HD AV cable. I try with oly kernel selected and with all option but every time, after start screen picutre missing after Microsfot logo. If I only rebuild partition and recreate C partition everything work fine but console is not softmodded smile.gif Eeprom says that this is NTSC console. Can this be problem? Ndure works like charm and no error at all but problems start after reboot smile.gif

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

Is this the original disk, or a new disk?

If the LED is yellow then the Xbox is modded. Connect the Xbox via a composite cable first, just to make sure it works.

If that doesn't work, follow the instructions in my signature - "Build a new softmod disk with eeprom".

#10 panda159

panda159

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

I use a new disk. I dont have composite cable but I just order a new one and he will be at my house in 2 days. So you says that there can be problem with component HD cables? When I recreate new HDD from scratch everything work fine (original dash appear) but after ndure i lost picture. Until Microsoft logo video is here. I will wait for a composite cable then I will contact you with result if needed smile.gif Tnx

#11 panda159

panda159

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:08 AM

Hello,
I finally got composite cable for Xbox. Softmod working, games are working. I use Unleash X dash.
My last question is next. Is there anz waz to make this dash permanent? My xbox is banned so I dont need original dash. When I press button to open traz after game is in he return me to green M$ dash an I need to power off and power on to get Unleash X.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users