• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shumadia

shumadia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

okay long story short, i lend my softmodded xbox to a friend, he tried to play online via LAN (ugh) and now the thing doesn't boot anymore. noo clue what he did, but the xbox-logo shows up and after that the screen stays black. no error-message, no blinking-code, unleashx doesnt load, ftp doens't work, rescue/boot-dvds neither.

as far as i rememeber, the partitons look like this:

C: empty (shadow c?)
E: 10GB (emulators, preview vids fpr unleashx)
F: 220GB (games)

sooo, basically i want to renew the softmod, for I don't care format C: as well but leave the rest as it is.

the partition-sizes, the files stored on them, everything.

when using xboxhdm (+eeprom) whats the best way to restore the softmod without fucking around with the rest? i've thought about krazie ndure

Edited by shumadia, 12 June 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

How did you softmod it originally?

#3 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

Stick with heimdasl questions and answer him excetera..

But to answer this..
"when using xboxhdm (+eeprom) whats the best way to restore the softmod without fucking around with the rest? i've thought about krazie ndure"

the best way to not messup anything els would be to,
unlock the hard disk using xboxhdm and your eeprom. (dont do anything els to it)

turn off the pc and have it boot to windows with the xbox hard disk "now unlocked" stuck to the xbox.
run xplorer360 on your windows pc to view the contents of the xbox hard disk.

then manually (1 by 1)
Add the softmodded files to the hard disk.

You can use a very basic method that should let you boot a rescue disk which i will describe..

Get hexen "heimdalls xbox engineering disk"
Copy the stock files from the stock files folder (use magic iso or similar to explore the iso). and paste them "1 folder at a time and the lose files 1 file at a time, you dont have to go in to the folders and do the files in them 1 at a timee.." to the C drive on the xbox.
Then get then get the softmod files from the hexen disk.
paste the C drive files in to C and the E drive files in to E.. (again 1 folder at a time and any lose files get pasted 1 file at a time)

This should get you to a point where you have exploited files on your drive but no reall dash..

Whilst your in windows burn hexen to dvd-r at 4x or slower.

shut down windows and boot xboxhdm again..
Use this to lock your hard disk.
turn off the pc and put the hard disk back in your xbox..
And boot up with the hexen dvd you just burnt. from there you can install Krazies 1.1.1 softmod with 1 click install and that will update the softmod install it properly install the dash and setup the shaddow c.

alternetavly. You could do virtualy the same thing, copy the stock C files to C then paste any exploited save games in the E Udata folder. (they have to be in theiere numberd folders)
then you can use your game to softmod again.
OR..
paste the exploited save files you get after softmodding a system with a game in the udata folder and use the game to open a back door exploit.

But like i said..
I would jsut answer heimdalls questions and follow his instruction, Im assuming he is going to want to know if you used a game to install the softmod and if so he will ask you to boot the game and see if you can get a back door to boot a rescue disk like that..
(probably easiest)

#4 shumadia

shumadia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

the order was like this:

- softmod via hotswapping (stock hdd)
- backup of eeprom
- softmod of larger hdd via xboxhdm + kingroach (or krayzie?) ndure [back then the latest version]

and the xbox was working just fine all the time.

what do you think of this:

- create a bootable usb-stick with xboxhdm
- copy the eeprom + latest unleashx as well
- boot, unlock the hdd, copy UX to its folder on E:, lock again
- turn xbox on

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Unlikely.

If your Xbox was just missing its dash then the LED would be yellow, and you'd see the rescue dash, and you'd be able to boot a rescue disk. Whatever your friend did, he managed to bypass shadow C and delete the softmod files from the C partition, which is relatively difficult.....

You need to build xboxhdm 2.2 USB with a new softmod on it - see the link in my signature "Softmod with eeprom" for details - then unlock and redo the softmod.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users