#1 EDX

EDX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

I recently bought a gamecube to nes/n64/snes/db9 converter for my wii. The db9 connection is useful for atari and older home computer emulation, and the original xbox beats the wii on that front. With that said, i would like to use this adapter on my wii. I know there are several wiring diagrams for older controllers, but i haven't come across one for gamecube. i have several extension cords for both systems that i could cannibalize for such a project. Can anyone point me in the right direction on such a project? Thanks.

#2 bootsector_

bootsector_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE(EDX @ Jun 14 2012, 02:34 AM) View Post

I recently bought a gamecube to nes/n64/snes/db9 converter for my wii. The db9 connection is useful for atari and older home computer emulation, and the original xbox beats the wii on that front. With that said, i would like to use this adapter on my wii. I know there are several wiring diagrams for older controllers, but i haven't come across one for gamecube. i have several extension cords for both systems that i could cannibalize for such a project. Can anyone point me in the right direction on such a project? Thanks.

Hi there!

You could you use my USB RetroPad Adapter, that I just made compatible with the classic XBOX console.

With it you could not only use your GC controller, but several other old controllers with your XBOX, such as NES, SNES, N64, PSX/PS2, NeoGeo and Saturn.

Project details can be get from: http://www.brunofreitas.com/node/41

BR,

bootsector

#3 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

laugh.gif That crap is expensive. laugh.gif

#4 bootsector_

bootsector_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Jun 20 2012, 10:04 PM) View Post

laugh.gif That crap is expensive. laugh.gif

Oh, really? I believe you've missed the part that says it's opensource and openhardware, so you don't have to pay me a dime in order to construct yours! smile.gif

bootsector

Edited by bootsector_, 21 June 2012 - 02:49 AM.

#5 EDX

EDX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

The prices aren't too bad imho, I have the tools for everything but for etching the pcb. Could I just buy the boards off of you, or is their some service you could recommend?

#6 bootsector_

bootsector_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE(EDX @ Jun 20 2012, 11:11 PM) View Post

The prices aren't too bad imho, I have the tools for everything but for etching the pcb. Could I just buy the boards off of you, or is their some service you could recommend?

I usually order my boards from http://www.iteadstudio.com/store/ or http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/. Quality is great, prices even better!

bootsector

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users