• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alexis524

alexis524

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

I'm pretty particular when it comes to organizing my ROM collection on my xbox and have created a separate individual emulator for each regioned system. For excample, I'm running mednafenx-pce but have created two folders on the HD, with renamed .xbe's. One titled PC Engine, the other, TurboGrafx-16. The issue I'm running into is when i select the skin i want applied when i'm in the PC Engine side, and have applied it, it saves it also to the TurboGrafx one as well. Where and what can i do to keep the skins and any settings thereafter separate? Thanks in advance biggrin.gif

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

You almost certainly can't do that. The xbe probably saves its settings in a single, numbered folder in E:\UDATA\, and that is the same folder for both copies of your xbe.

If you use UnleashX as your dash you could write an UnleashX script to copy the contents of the appropriate folder to and from two separate holding folders before launching the copies of the xbe files. You'd have to copy the folder contents back to the relevant holding folder again if you make any config changes, or you'd lose them next time you run the script.

#3 alexis524

alexis524

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for the confirmation Heimdall. I was hoping i could, but my OCD will have to defer here. Thank you again biggrin.gif

#4 hcf

hcf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Heimdall is right. In the past I tried to do something similar (the same emulator with different skins in different folders) and I even tried using a different version of the emulator in each folder, with the hope that each version saved its data in a different place... but I didn't have luck, because the reason that Heimdall pointed.

I tried this with Neogenesis, but I guess that mednafenx does the same...

#5 madmab

madmab

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

There is a thread around here that explains how to trick the emulator into using different saves directories without running into a conflict. But I'm not sure where it is.

You could also hex edit the XBE file like most people do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users