JOCKz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

Re-post cause XBH seems to be abandoned, no point having info online if it isn't accessible. Can still be seen via google cache. (Link)

I know it seems like im beating a dead horse with this project, but more than anything it is an informative post. The ones that have been around long enough will know that the Philips DROM6316 will act very similar to a BenQ VAD6038 when flashed with its firmware, Team MODFREAKz documented this information in this topic. That was geared more towards having the DROM6316 inside the 360. smokeingit over at X-S had a similar idea to me, but had both the motor polarity and eject functions hard wired and controlled manually ( documented in this topic ). I Absorbed all that info and went to the drawing board.

This is what i came up with - reversed motor, tray cut and rocker switch wired.

https://docs.google....gLoFo4tDIMBf3S_

And there is your internal 0800 drive, they are hard to come by, hopefully someone knows how to source them and make it more readily available (like the kreon drives). Or start salvaging them so they don't become landfill. I can't take any credit for it because it was Team MODFREAKz and smokeingit that did all the hard work, i just tinkered a little as i always hated having the LiteOn or BenQ sitting on top of my case ( i consider myself a little OCD ). smile.gif

Happy Modding guys !

Edited by JOCKz, 16 June 2012 - 03:52 AM.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:03 AM

Um, XBH is still up. I believe XanTium provides server space for both Xbox Scene and Xbox Hacker, so if Xbox Scene is still around, chances are Xbox Hacker will be as well.

#3 JOCKz

JOCKz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

Neglected ? I've tried accessing the site about 3 times in the last few months and i just get an error code.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 58720256 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30644291 bytes) in /home/xbh360/public_html/index.php on line 26

#4 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:55 AM

Works just fine for me.

#5 hardie

hardie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)