• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dracula0

Dracula0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hello, Im not an active member on this forum, but I am visiting and looking at some threads that are of intrest to me.
But, this time Im in need of help. I bought new Xbox slim 20 days ago and got it RGH-ed. Its ok, everything works, but, Im experiencing something and I don't know if its ok or I got something wrong with my console.
Anyway, when Im playing games, its all good,everything works, but sometimes fps just drops and then returns.
For example, in GTA IV, sometimes when I drive, and there is something going on, police chasing, someone chasing, etc, I get random fps drop, not much, but still noticable from stable.
In Nauto ultimate ninja storm 2, when 2 people do ultimate skills, or there is much going on, again, a little frame drop, still, not so much, but still, noticable.
In Boarderlands 1, when I'm close melee close to someone, and zoom in an hit with, Idk, shotgun, I get framedrop and then return to normal.
I haven't played many games, this 3 I played much and noticed.
So Im just asking, is it just mine, or is it just that sometimes games get too much too handle, and it just gets little drop?
Its ok if everyone gets it, and its just that from all this good graphics you are bound to get a little drop when there is lot of fire, smoke, and action, but I'm afraid that its just my xbox since I did not have experience with anyone elses.
Sorry for taking so long, hope I get the right answer. Thanks.

#2 Dracula0

Dracula0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:03 AM

Is someone alive? biggrin.gif

#3 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

Why don't you wait a little longer. Don't bump something only 6 hours old - give it some time for people to at least read it.

#4 canyonnehastings

canyonnehastings

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE(Dracula0 @ Jun 16 2012, 08:03 PM) View Post

Is someone alive? biggrin.gif

Try clearing your Xbox cache in the settings menu and see if this helps.

Otherwise just play as you normally would. If you start getting screen distortion, lines, black snow, ant looking things, "artifacts", then you'll know you need a GPU reflow/reball.

Nothing you can do until then that isn't based on pure speculation.

#5 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

Its just the games. I have the normal DVD version of those games, on a regular xbox. GTA FPS lags for me sometimes. Borderlands never did. But my Saints rows 2 sometimes does. My black ops does sometimes. It just the games, some can handle the stuff of the screen sometimes. OH and my naruto ninja 2 always fps lags for me. But until you start getting actually problems. fan running max, freezing every few seconds, etc. You u shouldnt worry. Installing games to the harddrive usually stops and FPS lag i get for the most part. (FPS-Frames per second).

#6 Dracula0

Dracula0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

I hope so. I played star wars force unleashed 1 just now. Its all good, but when I swing lightsaber and it hits someone, FPS just drops, and instantly retunrs to normal. Its like lag or something, but everything is fine in general, only time I experience it is when I hit someone with a lightsaber. Its not a problem, but its not a clean fight, it drops, and returns, drops when I hit, and returns, if you understand me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users