• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Autocrat

Autocrat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 10:02 PM

Can you swap boards from another Xbox if you messed up your current board?
I know it won't boot normally since it sees a different HD, but we were able to flash the chip (2.1Lite with OXZ Flash) and load the bios (X2 4977 colored).

But now we get error code "06" with the current HD, and error 16 with a new HD. We can't reflash it because it won't read from the DVD drive.

Any suggestions?

#2 OC3

OC3

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 09:03 AM

I'm guessing that the HD need to be unlocked BEFORE you move it over to the new mobo..
Then you can lock it (if you need to) once its working with the new (other) mobo.

As for how to unlock it, you well have to get that for a another user im a super noob

#3 Hammy

Hammy

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 July 2003 - 09:55 AM

Ok,Motherboards and hard drive are locked together so if you did not get the password and unlocked the hard drive you are stuffed biggrin.gif

#4 LaMagra

LaMagra

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 10:36 AM

so there is no way to unlock a hdd if u don't have the motherboard that u used to format it even doing a low level format won't help ????? using another box to unlock it ?

#5 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 July 2003 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (LaMagra @ Jul 9 2003, 12:36 PM)
so there is no way to unlock a hdd if u don't have the motherboard that u used to format it even doing a low level format won't help  ????? using another box to unlock it ?

it can only be unlocked in a computer if you have the hdd key somewhere.if you locked the drive with configmagic there is a generic password "TEAMASSEMBLY" without the quotes of course

Edited by Scan-C, 09 July 2003 - 10:39 AM.

#6 WARMASTER

WARMASTER

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 10:46 AM

i have the some problem my mobo shit it self i have the original hdd key from my old 40gig WD hdd saved on my PC will i be able to use that hdd key to unlock my 80 gig WD which is in my xbox

muhaha.gif muhaha.gif WARMASTER muhaha.gif muhaha.gif

#7 Autocrat

Autocrat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 03:19 PM

If I put an unlocked hd (from another modded Xbox) into my box with the new mobo, should that work?

Edited by Autocrat, 09 July 2003 - 03:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users