#1 Thedragonfiend

Thedragonfiend

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

I read somewhere that the slim had extra protection that stopped software exploits... Naturally this makes it sound like software exploits are possible on the phat... Well recently i got my hands on what i think is a xenon (i havnt opened it up yet) 360 running 6717 which is in perfect condition... Best part is it was free (friend of my step dads found it in the tip and palmed it off to me... Decided to use it as my frankenstein xbox as i already have a slim)...

Anyway im just here to see what we have in the way of software exploits... I dont mean completed exploits just anything possible full stop (no protection against that method).

Also just putting it out there should anyone need a guinee pig for software exploits im open (untill i jtag of course)

Ps: I wasnt sure if i should post this here or not... Decided to put it here anyway as even after reading the post warning it still seems like the right place to put it.

Edit: just incase anyone is curious its an opus with a hitachi-lg drive (thank you find out what drive you have tut that included chipset via power port)

Edited by Thedragonfiend, 21 June 2012 - 12:35 PM.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Asked and answered many times, as a quick search would have revealed. The Xbox 360 has been available since 2005, and since then only one software exploit has been discovered - the King Kong shader exploit, which was quickly fixed. Outside of Government agencies the Xbox 360 is one of a handful of devices that have been subject to the most concerted hacking attempts, yet no further software exploits have been found. Consequently it is safe to assume that there are almost certainly no software exploits waiting to be found.

Hopefully a mod will move this to the newbie section.....

Edited by Heimdall, 21 June 2012 - 12:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users