2 replies to this topic

#1 ANGEL2001ad

ANGEL2001ad

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Hey folks its been SO long since i modded my old XBOX and after buying my XBOX360 when it first came out i was to scared to modify it. So it been there collecting dust. After spinal surgery i was not able to move as much as i wanted anymore so getting up every time to change my games just got difficult. So my main question is can any one lead me in the right direction of what hardware i should get what software should i use and is it possible to back up my originals to a external device and play off of that. I am not new to dissembling the xbox or soldering i just need to be pointed to the right direction to start. Please forgive me if this is posted in the wrong spot and please forgive me for asking too much but like i said in the beginning just trying to make life just a little easier on my spine. unsure.gif

#2 ScrewinGates

ScrewinGates

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:58 AM

Well...with the RGH hack you can solder a chip to the board that allows you to play backups from the stock hdd or a usb hdd.If the console is old enough and has not been on live in a while you can jtag it and do the same.Just search the forums here for more info.
Screwingates

#3 traxxton

traxxton

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

Your best bet would be to do the RGH hack then install freestyle dash. You can then add an USB HDD (I personally have a 2tb eSATA drive in mine). There is a "extract dvd" function in freestyle dash that can backup the games you have. Then when you turn your xbox on, there is basically a list of all games, and they are stored on your HDD.

Research RGH. Personally, I would just buy a premade one from a forum member (about 175ish) and add a usb hdd. There will be a lot of time in research how to do it yourself then the price of the parts and the possibility of making an error and losing your xbox....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users