• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jawn_e

jawn_e

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

i have an xbox thats fully functional expect it will not read any disc so i threw it in the closet and got another one. now this one is freezing up and giving nme the three red rings (ring of death thing). so i took the disc drive out and put it in my older xbox and its working with dvd's but wen i put in a game it tells me i need to insert this disc into an xbox 360 console. i dont no why its playing movies but not games. the only thing different between the two that ive noticed is that one disc drive say it phillips-liteon and the other says that its phillip-benQ. is their something im doing wrong? is their a way to make this work?

#2 Jigsaw2793

Jigsaw2793

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

You have to flash the dvd key to the new drive. I don't have a link but there's plenty of tutorials around.

#3 wilgo45

wilgo45

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

Its the Logic board in the DVD drive.

A Logic board is assigned to a particular Motherboard. You can swap all the hardware except the Logic board.

Maybe this will help. You have console A and B. You want to put dvd drive A into B. Well, Logic board B has to go into dvd Drive A for that drive to play games in console B

The big thing that sucks here is Lite on and BenQ have different shaped Logic boards.

Really you probably just needed one part replaced in the dvd drive that wasn't playing games for you. The original one. It either needs a replacement optic or spindle motor

I could help you with this. I do offer repair services. Even on the RROD one you have. Probably needs the Gpu reballed.

And you can Flash drives like the other guy said. But really it would be easier to repair the non working part and keep the drives with their proper console. Flashing can lead to Firmware Security issues down the road.... then you're locked out. Unless you stay on top of your Flashing updates

#4 jawn_e

jawn_e

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

what does the logic board look like? and would the ben Q fit into the lite-on?

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

No.

#6 jawn_e

jawn_e

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:43 AM

got it. had to make one very small modification and i was able to swap the logic boards. thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users