• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 raisty69

raisty69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

Hey ive got an offline banned box thats in the kids bedroom. i usually wave patch my backups so they run on the old FW (LT1.2 i think) but noticing now the newer games wont work.
just got kinect star wars and wanna back it up but my quick research says i gotta upgrade the FW.

Whats gonna be the best FW for me for this box? its never going online again so dont care about security

thanks in advance

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

You'll need to update to the newest firmware due to the new security features. LT+ 3.0.

#3 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(Aldanga @ Jun 23 2012, 03:05 AM) View Post

You'll need to update to the newest firmware due to the new security features. LT+ 3.0.

Like he said, even if you are offline, you must use LT+3.0 because of new securities that are implemented into the newer dashboard(s) that you are forced to update to play newer games. You might need to flash the drive back to stock, then update to dash 14719, then flash LT+3.0 after. If you have an older system with a hitachi or samsung, there is only up to LT+ 2.0/2.01 for these drives and samsung MS25 and MS28 only need LT+2.0 and hitachi drives up to revision 59 only need LT+2.0, but hitachi 78 and 79 need LT+3.0 which has not yet been released for them. dashboard 14719 is the latest version you need to be able to play newer games like Ghost Recon and Max Payne 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users