• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GNasTyx

GNasTyx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

i have never heard of this problem but it just happened to me a few minutes ago. i got disc unreadable and now every original xbox 360 game i put in even if it has no scratches i get unrecognized disc, but when i put in a back up of any game even with lots of fingerprints on it it will work no problem. Now i did notice my xbox 360 got flagged for ban about 3 months ago but ive been playing fine since. but now this is weird because i have never heard of this. i wonder if this is a new process of ms getting ready to ban me or somthing. has any one heard of this or have any ideas. i even restarted my xbox when it first happened and it didnt even boot to the dashboard it just stayed at the xbox 360 screen. then i restarted it again and it came up. i have the latest lt + and i have a lite on 7c and i burn all of my games with a burner max dvd burner

Games tested:

rainbow six vegas 2 - original - didnt work
u draw instant artist - original - didnt work
monster maddness - original - didnt work
call of duty mw3 - original - didnt work
gears of war 3 - original - didnt work
gears 3 - backup - worked
call of duty mw3 - backup - worked
ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 - backup - worked
dead island - back up(with lots of finger prints and smudges) - worked
dbz ultimate tenkaichi - back up - worked
red dead redemption - back up - worked
left 4 dead 2 - back up - worked

ANY IDEAS!!!!

Edited by GNasTyx, 24 June 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#2 GNasTyx

GNasTyx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

no one has nothing to say? and this is supposed to be the best forum for this kinda stuff? SHEESH!

#3 jamesc760

jamesc760

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(GNasTyx @ Jun 26 2012, 04:55 PM) View Post

no one has nothing to say? and this is supposed to be the best forum for this kinda stuff? SHEESH!

I think what happened is that your dvd drive's laser became out of alignment and thus can't read the originals. It takes more power usually to read the burned copies, so that's another clue. You're going to need a new dvd drive soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users