Photo

Is It Possible To Recover A Dvd Drive Via Dash Update?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DEDDOA

DEDDOA

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

I have been given a sort of brand new falcon 360 (new in that its never been used), the previous owner tried fitting the the drive with a quick solder switch but cut to deep into the board and so killed it (unfortunately right after updating it to the nxe dash from the JTAG'able one :/). So I have a fully working 360 with no drive and on an old dash, does anyone knw if I could take advantage of the newer dash updates DVD firmware re-flashing to get it to reflash a replacement with the drive key? It doesn't matter if it flashes the wrong firmware I can likley work with that in Jungleflash to get the key.

I suspect this may not be possible but worth asking those hwo are more int he know before I take the long way and go the RGH route, with the inevitable burnt fingers I always get when I solder smile.gif

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

It won't flash the key to the drive. It'll only update the firmware.

I would recommend RGHing the system and getting the DVD key that way. That's your best bet at this point. Just make sure you don't update the system before RGHing it.

#3 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(DEDDOA @ Jun 25 2012, 12:58 AM) View Post

I have been given a sort of brand new falcon 360 (new in that its never been used), the previous owner tried fitting the the drive with a quick solder switch but cut to deep into the board and so killed it (unfortunately right after updating it to the nxe dash from the JTAG'able one :/). So I have a fully working 360 with no drive and on an old dash, does anyone knw if I could take advantage of the newer dash updates DVD firmware re-flashing to get it to reflash a replacement with the drive key? It doesn't matter if it flashes the wrong firmware I can likley work with that in Jungleflash to get the key.

I suspect this may not be possible but worth asking those hwo are more int he know before I take the long way and go the RGH route, with the inevitable burnt fingers I always get when I solder smile.gif

Yes for sure definitely dont update that console to the newest dash.

RGH is your only way to get that DVD key. If you go to dashboard 14717/14719, it makes it much more difficult to RGH, RGH2 isnt so reliable as I have seen. If you update past 14719 RGH will be not possible. If you aren't up to RGHing, I offer service.

Edited by BoNg420, 25 June 2012 - 01:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users