5 replies to this topic

#1 slowlygoingcrazy

slowlygoingcrazy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Hi
Ive looked on different sites but Im totally confused now. Ive got a Phat xbox with a Sammy drive and I think its on LT 2.0 but not sure on that, I need to update it to LT 3.0 with the latest dashboard as recent games are asking me to update. Its also banned from online.

What I want to know is can I flash it back to ofw so i can update to latest dash and then flash to 3.0. I brought the xbox ready flashed so I dont have the DVD Key or any other files from the flash. I have a X360USB but no probe.

One more thing I want to know is why can I play games which have mondatory 14719 dashboard update built in it fine with no promt to update with out my HHD not connected but when it is connected it asks for an update.

Thankyou for any help

#2 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

There is no 3.0 for the Samsung drive. The latest is 2.0.1 (or 2.1, can't remember exactly). You do not need a probe for the Samsung, so you should be fine with what you have. My recommendation is to flash back to stock, update dashboard to latest (via USB stick), and then flash to 2.0.1.

#3 slowlygoingcrazy

slowlygoingcrazy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. so updating the dashboard when promted by a game is not a good idea? If I flashed back to stock would I need any of the files like dvd key or dummy bin etc. Im a noob when it comes to this so thanks for the help

#4 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

Process:

1) Dump drive to obtain key etc.
2) Flash drive with stock fw
3) Update to latest dash
4) Flash drive with 2.0.1

#5 slowlygoingcrazy

slowlygoingcrazy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

unable to get the drive into vendor mode to do anything, because its ready flashed i needed to go through intro in jungleflasher to get into vendor mode but no luck. have not got ck3 so that may have help out there.

#6 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

it being flashed is irrelevant, all drives are already flashed when u think about it. are you sure it is a samsung, what does the sticker on the drive say? u can try the sammy unlock command or hit intro and power cycle the drive. if neither of those work u can pmt the drive to intro it, instructions on all methods in the guide.
http://jungleflasher...ngleFlasher.pdf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users