Sorcer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

Hi,

some weeks ago i just used my xBox again. It has a softmod, which I sometimes ago a friend of me did. So I don't know what softmod is installed / used at the moment. Also I can't say, at what partition (C, E or F) the softmod is, but i think it is F.

My actual Dashboard is EVO-X, which i installed over the original softmod with the "Firefuckers X-Disk". Im reading for days now but still don't know whats wrong. I can FTP to my xBox and tried to install a larger hard drive with 40gigabyte.

So i copied the EEPROM, the C and the E partition to my computer, burned the CD with xboxhdm and booted from it, with the new HDD as primary master connected to my computer. I followed the instructions and prepared a new hdd for my xbox. At the end i was able to lock it successfully.

So then i put the new HDD into my xBox - and the softmod is gone. It starts correctly, but I only see the original MS-Dashboard, also I'm not able anymore to boot from copied disks, it only reads the original ones. If i switch the harddrives again, my old softmod is working again. Because I thought the softmod could be on F, i tried it once again and burned the C again, now including the F folder. But the result is the same, the softmod is gone.

Have you any idea, what i could do? And which dashboard is the most up-to-date, which i should use on my new hdd? Is reinstalling the dashboard (or even the whole softmod) recommended, because the old softmod is screwed (it's not on C i think). How do i do so? Please help me to finally make my xBox an awesome console, which i will love to use again smile.gif

Sorcer

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

You are copying the shadow C, the softmod is on the real C. That's why your new disk isn't softmodded.

A clean softmod is always a better idea.

Read the links in my signature - "Softmod Hard Drive Upgrades" for the various methods available to upgrade your hard drive, and "Build a new softmod disk with eeprom" if you want to use xboxhdm.

#3 Sorcer

Sorcer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

Thank you so much! UnleashX finally boots from my new HDD.

Just one more question: What install-disc should i use to install EvoX, XMBC, Skins, Applications, etc.? Is there a good all-in-one thingy? Since yet i was using the x-disk, but i think there might be better ones, aren't there?

Many, many thanks!
sorcer

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

HeXEn (Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc) for everything except installing applications. As with all Xbox homebrew discs, burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower.

#5 Sorcer

Sorcer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

I just read your post and tried it yesterday with the latest Auto-Installer Deluxe. But after some problems (couldn't install Dashboard with a shadow c, so i tried it without one) i ended up in an Error 13 display.

I then stopped yesterday because i was a bit frustrated. Now I'm gonna re-format the hdd with xboxhdm and the ndure files - this time I'm going to try your HeXEn Disc. Because I don't want to do something wrong again and then have to do all the steps over and over again, could you please give me a short explanation what actions I should perform when i boot the HeXEn Disc to get a stable and clean UnleashX / EvoX / XBMC?

Many thanks in advance
Sorcer

#6 Sorcer

Sorcer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

Okay, forget about it. The disk was self-explanatory and really good. Thanks for such a good thing!

Just one last question: It seems like my DVD Drive is Damaged. While reading disks it is very loud and playing instant from disk is not possible because it is laggy as hell. So i have to copy all games to my hdd, but that takes a long time (1 hour) because the drive is bad. The transfer rate is at about 0.5mb per second.

Any idea what to do or where to get a new cheap drive?

Thanks for anything
Sorcer

#7 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

Buy one of these and google how to mod it for xbox: