boxer29

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

got this xbox media center running 720 p in ntsc gorgeous picture
i was using the original xbox hd pack dongle which has got a tsop output
i was using previously my analog cable for the audio i mean the red and white rca cable and component for my video
my tv is full hd 1080 p it a Sony kdl 46wx00
it has also got a tsop at the back
i have connect the optical from my xbox hd av pack to my tv via an optical cable
have changed the settings in my xbmc to digital and have tried all the setting
but there is no sound coming from the speakers
what settings do i need to do on my xbmc
i have now change to the red and white analog rca cable for audio
#any comments
thanks

#2 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

I think you mean TOSlink (Toshiba Link) aka: SPDIF; tsop is something entirely different.

The obvious thing to check is that the optical cable you're using is carrying the signal ie. does it have a red light at the end you plug into the TV's receiving socket?

Sometimes the signal can be weakened if you're using a x2 splitter or one of those 3-way switchers and it doesn't line up perfectly. For some reason I've also found with those switchers if I switch it from the XB360 or PS2 I also have attached whilst the Xbox is on my amp sometimes doesn't recognise the signal. But if I shutdown and reboot without changing anything the sound reappears perfectly.

I'd also check the TV to make sure that optical digital audio input is enabled and test it with another TOSlink connected audio device.

Edited by fallenangle, 27 June 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#3 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:57 PM

You mean S/PDIF or TOSLink, not TSOP. smile.gif

How is your Xbox modded? If it's softmodded, did you bypass virtual eeprom before enabling digital audio?

#4 boxer29

boxer29

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Jun 26 2012, 11:57 PM) View Post

You mean S/PDIF or TOSLink, not TSOP. smile.gif

How is your Xbox modded? If it's softmodded, did you bypass virtual eeprom before enabling digital audio?

sorry typo error
i meant to say optical (s/pdif)
my xbox is evox i think its hard modded ,
cause have to press the eject and power button to boot into evox and the light is amber otherwise it goes into microsoft dash and the light is green
haven't checked by opening the xbox though
i think the virtual eeprom should be by passed already because i was running the xbmc in 720p and the its working in ntsc
i did that from the enigmah thingy change my pal to ntsc and then enabled the 720 p
there is no splitter involved here
i ve checked the optical cable by pulling it from both ends and yes i can see a red light coming out of it
what next

Edited by boxer29, 27 June 2012 - 12:22 AM.

#5 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

It might be a virtual eeprom issue as Heimdall has indicated. Not my territory so I won't comment.

However I'd still suggest eliminating the possibility of the problem being due to the TV. Do you have a XB360, PS2 or other device with TOSlink audio connections you can use to test that it is working OK?

#6 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE(boxer29 @ Jun 27 2012, 12:20 AM) View Post
my xbox is evox i think its hard modded ,
cause have to press the eject and power button to boot into evox and the light is amber otherwise it goes into microsoft dash and the light is green
Amber light, hence more likely to be softmodded. You should never have to press both buttons unless you have an X3 or a SmartXX, and even then it doesn't bring up your dash it brings up the recovery console.

Confirm EXACTLY what happens when you boot:
- with the power button
- with the eject button
- with power + eject

haven't checked by opening the xbox though
Do it, just to be certain. Guessing about exactly how your Xbox is modded is never a good idea. However, if the stickers are intact then you can be fairly certain that the Xbox hasn't been opened, and hence is softmodded.

i think the virtual eeprom should be by passed already because i was running the xbmc in 720p and the its working in ntsc
Nonsense. Bypassing virtual eeprom isn't something you do once, it's something you have to do every time you want to make a change to anything where the settings are held in the eeprom.

what next
Bypass virtual eeprom, make the changes to the audio output settings in the MS Dash.

Edited by Heimdall, 28 June 2012 - 01:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users