1 reply to this topic

#1 xboxdawg

xboxdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

I purchased a generic (non-microsoft) 250gb hard drive off Ebay (for a phat 360). It came formatted and I put it on my 360 and it recognized it. So I took it off and put my 120gb on there booted the 360, ran the MS transfer disc software and connected the transfer cable to the 250gb and plugged it in the front usb port on the 360.

It did not show the 250gb drive, only a USB drive image. So I figured that since the transfer cable was USB that was fine and clicked on it. It said the storage device was not ready and needed to be prepped. I let it do it and then it came up as only having 15.99mb. So I must have screwed up and made it into a memory stick. Now it won't recognize the HDD when I plug it in on top.

When I bring the drive up in Party Buffalo it shows a 15.9gb USB drive and a 238gb HD.

Is there a way to correct this? Other than taking it apart and running HDDHacker?

Thanks,

XBD

Edited by xboxdawg, 28 June 2012 - 08:35 PM.

#2 xboxdawg

xboxdawg

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

Moral of the story...

You can't transfer hdd to hdd with a generic cable. You have to use a Microsoft transfer cable if you're going to use the Microsoft software.

If you use a generic transfer cable you have to transfer to the PC and then from PC to the new hdd.

XBD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users