• 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:18 AM

Xecuter Fusion v1.0.9 Released
Posted by HSDEMONZ | June 28 23:18 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From Team-Xecuter.com:

What is Fusion?

Fusion is a hacked devkit kernel that runs on retail RGH hacked consoles. Think of it as a modified OS for your xbox console. It brings you all the features and capabilities of a real devkit without all of the annoyances. Fusion is more powerful than any normal devkit or modified retail console. It is designed for both developers, and gamers, bringing the best of both worlds together .

For Gamers:

Fusion may be designed on a kernel made for developers, but there are many features exclusively for gamers:

-No system-link ping limit, can also system link with both retail and devkit consoles
-Can use both retail and devkit gamer profiles. saves, and game content
-Boot straight to your dashboard of choice
-No restrictions on games or content
-No region checks
-Arcade games are fully licensed all the time
-Multi-disc games can be ran off the hard drive with no insert disc messages
-Built in trainer launcher
-Can easily boot xell, trainer launcher, and settings manager via custom tab on xbox guide
-Games copied to hdd via dashboard no longer need the disc in the dvd drive to play
-And much more…

For Developers:

Because fusion is based on a devkit kernel developers may take advantage of all the features of a real devkit, as well as new features exclusively for fusion users:
-Turns console into full devkit
-Full debugging capabilities
-Works with microsoft tools and sdk
-All internal drives are mapping in Xbox Neighborhood
-Xex security checks have been removed
-Full memory access as well as hv privileged access
-All system keys are accessible with user mode access
-Can use both retail and devkit devices
-And much more…

Who is Fusion For

Fusion is currently in its early stages of development which means there may or may not be bugs in the software, some standard features may not work as expected, and it may not be user friendly to everyone who uses it. It is recommended that you have a moderate understanding of basic RGH techniques, installation procedures for common homebrew software, and good problem solving skills. Everything you need to know as far as installing/updating and using fusion has been thoroughly documented in the included PDF. If you cannot follow the instructions then it is recommended you seek assistance online for installing and using fusion.

For more info... Team-Xecuter.com Thanks to BoNg420 for the story.

#2 klbarnes1

klbarnes1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

WOW This sounds awesome! I'm not a developer but I will installing this over the weekend! Picking what dashboard to boot and no multi-disc BS sounds amazing! The region sounds great to, I have a few pal game installed on my HD and they will not load, will they load now after I install this?

Edited by klbarnes1, 29 June 2012 - 06:55 AM.

#3 Hamsnibit

Hamsnibit

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

any word on a jtag version of fusion? Anyone know what's keeping it from running on a jtag?

#4 DaBuisneZ

DaBuisneZ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE(Hamsnibit @ Jun 29 2012, 08:42 AM) View Post

any word on a jtag version of fusion? Anyone know what's keeping it from running on a jtag?

I would love to know as well. I have no intention of converting a perfectly good jtag jasper to rgh.

#5 biscoito

biscoito

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

I wonder when we are gonna start seeing genetic versions of the DemoN, $70.00 dollars seems a little salty when one can find a good working Xbox 360 on craigslist for the same price.

#6 SilentBob1638

SilentBob1638

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

It can't be that hard to implement a jtag boot chain. Its probably a political limitation (currently) to push their rgh products.

#7 Pseudo99

Pseudo99

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:27 PM

Any news on what's changed in this version?

#8 Chan163

Chan163

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

I'd like to use this on JTAG consoles, too. I mean, most of the things can already be done, but doing them within the kernel is a lot nicer...

QUOTE(biscoito @ Jun 29 2012, 11:02 PM) View Post

I wonder when we are gonna start seeing genetic versions of the DemoN

You mean, someone will grow DemoN clones on a pig or a mouse or possibly in a petri dish? This doesn't seem very likely...

Edited by Chan163, 30 June 2012 - 12:05 AM.

#9 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(klbarnes1 @ Jun 29 2012, 12:54 AM) View Post

WOW This sounds awesome! I'm not a developer but I will installing this over the weekend! Picking what dashboard to boot and no multi-disc BS sounds amazing! The region sounds great to, I have a few pal game installed on my HD and they will not load, will they load now after I install this?

I tried to reply to you last night but my internet connection crapped out on me.

The features you named can all be done by Dashlaunch v3.02 and Fusion does not play Max Payne 3 and a couple other games.

#10 carlitoB

carlitoB

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

skyrim, forza and max payne are all XGD3. i thought forza is older than skyrim too. anyone figured out what the base dashboard is? XGD3 doesnt give iso wave (dashboard version) info on abgx360. im figuring its a pretty old one. rather important info that should be in release notes. will wait for a newer version me thinks...

notes on instructions pdf:-

Xbox 1 backwards compatibility does not work which means you will currently not be able to play any xbox 1 games while using this version of fusion.

Some newer games such as Forza 4 or Max Payne 3 require a newer dashboard in order to load. Because of this those games and ones similar will not work with this version of fusion.

A sample trainer has been included for the game Skyrim. It currently supports the base version of the game as well as the first title update.

Edited by carlitoB, 30 June 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#11 Obveron

Obveron

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(SilentBob1638 @ Jun 29 2012, 11:23 PM) View Post

It can't be that hard to implement a jtag boot chain. Its probably a political limitation (currently) to push their rgh products.

+1 Jtags could be supported but it isn't a priority since xecuter is a for profit company selling RGH products.

They have said that they may look into building jtag support in the future, but they admit that is not their focus for now.

#12 AmyGrrl

AmyGrrl

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

I also think they should include JTAG support as well. I do understand they want to sell RGH products and make money. But, if you think about it. The JTAG mod is old. It can only be done on dashboard 7371 or lower, which is from 2009. All 360's that can be JTAG'd have already been JTAG'd. So anyone wanting to run fusion today will have no choice but to buy RGH products. I think supporting JTAG users at this point would be a good thing for Team Xecuter. If and when my Falcon JTAG ever dies at some point and I had to replace it. I would most likely buy a Slim 360 and Team Xecuter RGH products, because of the support they gave to my JTAG. Making potential customers mad or angry is not a good thing.

#13 steveo1978

steveo1978

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

RGLoader supports Jtags http://tortuga-cove....;hilit=rgloader

Very few things about fusion are better then RGLoader

QUOTE(AmyGrrl @ Jun 30 2012, 11:30 AM) View Post

I think supporting JTAG users at this point would be a good thing for Team Xecuter. If and when my Falcon JTAG ever dies at some point and I had to replace it. I would most likely buy a Slim 360 and Team Xecuter RGH products, because of the support they gave to my JTAG. Making potential customers mad or angry is not a good thing.

TX barely supports the products they make money from, so for them to purposely work to support something they will not make money from is asking a lot. I have 2 JR Programmers and one is bad and one works fine, but since they can not put the blame on its defects as being my fault they just will not reply to my post.

Edited by steveo1978, 30 June 2012 - 07:48 PM.

#14 SilentBob1638

SilentBob1638

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

Can't we just throw fusion into XeBuild with the patched smc and create an image?

#15 codec192

codec192

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

On their forums they stated it is too slow and unstable for JTAG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users