Photo

Assistance With Niktronix Dome Lighting Tutorial.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 meltron3030

meltron3030

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

Hey guys.

After successfully tackling the ROL mod on the 360 controller Ive decided to attempt the lighting of the guide button. After tons of searching, I chose the Niktronix tutorial as it seemed to be one of the most current and somewhat easy to follow. I've begun assembling a material list for the mod and I think I have a pretty good grasp on things with the exception of one detail....the Transistor. I'm having a really hard time trying to identify the type of transistor that's being used in the tutorial. Would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

PS - Anyone have a favorite guide they prefer to use for this type of mod?

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

That's not a very good tutorial because of that, in fact it's a huge oversight to not mention any of that information, as that is the 'key' to making it work. There's no diagram of the pinout of the Transistor either, which isn't the same for every one made.

Any general purpose NPN type Transistor will do, the 2N3904 for example is most commonly used, probably was used in that tutorial also as it's pinout matches how it's done there.

Collector - Goes to the LED Cathodes (- side)
Base - Goes to a Resistor and then to some switched voltage in the controller.
Emitter - Goes to Ground

#3 meltron3030

meltron3030

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Oh man thanks so much! I totally appreciate the guidance. It was super frustrating trying to figure what type of transistor that was. I googled 2N3904..... transistors ordered!!

Thanks again.

http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4868510

Edited by RDC, 08 July 2012 - 02:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users