6 replies to this topic

#1 really_Wacky

really_Wacky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

Hey i am new in the XBOX 360 scene, so i would appreciate any help

I want to buy an XBOX 360 slim, and reset glitch hack (RGH) it. But from what i understand the newest XBOX 360's have a "Corona" motherboard witch you cant RGH right? Or can you allready do this with the newest chips?

Question 1: Is there any number on the box or on the console that can tell me what motherboard revision is going to be in it? (Like on the playstation CECHXXXX)

Question 2: What chip would be the best i asume that would be Xecuter Demon right? It looks very promising.

Question 3: Once i have a compatible xbox and the chip, i would need to solder the chip but i have never soldered before So what would you advice to buy as a iron? Also the solder needs to be lead free right?

Question 4: If i can solder the chip and everything is done, would Xecuter fusion be the noob friendliest?

Question 5: I want to play games from my internal HDD like i do on my PS3 (3.55 CFW) i can just keep backing up games at all times or do i allways have to update Ixtreme? Also can this be done without opening the XBOX and flashing the drive?

Thanks in advance if anyone could answer a few of these questions it would really help me, i will keep searching info myself tough.

#2 hersheys247

hersheys247

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE(really_Wacky @ Jul 1 2012, 07:08 PM) View Post

Hey i am new in the XBOX 360 scene, so i would appreciate any help

I want to buy an XBOX 360 slim, and reset glitch hack (RGH) it. But from what i understand the newest XBOX 360's have a "Corona" motherboard witch you cant RGH right? Or can you allready do this with the newest chips?

Question 1: Is there any number on the box or on the console that can tell me what motherboard revision is going to be in it? (Like on the playstation CECHXXXX)

NO

Question 2: What chip would be the best i asume that would be Xecuter Demon right? It looks very promising.

YES

Question 3: Once i have a compatible xbox and the chip, i would need to solder the chip but i have never soldered before So what would you advice to buy as a iron? Also the solder needs to be lead free right?

STOP HERE, DO NOT PASS GO. You have already answered the first part of your question. As for the second part, NO.

Question 4: If i can solder the chip and everything is done, would Xecuter fusion be the noob friendliest?

NO

Question 5: I want to play games from my internal HDD like i do on my PS3 (3.55 CFW) i can just keep backing up games at all times or do i allways have to update Ixtreme? Also can this be done without opening the XBOX and flashing the drive?

Ixtreme, this is RGH, you would need to create a new nand glitch image for the latest dash, as new games require latest dash. this can be done without opening box as Demon supports it.

Thanks in advance if anyone could answer a few of these questions it would really help me, i will keep searching info myself tough.

#3 really_Wacky

really_Wacky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for the quick reply ,so the newest revision you can buy in the stores are compatible with the Demon?
But you dont advice i solder it myself tongue.gif biggrin.gif

So what dash is the noob friendly'st or has te most end user functions?

If anyone knows usefull links/tutorials i should read first before i continue?

Edited by really_Wacky, 02 July 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#4 jtcomms

jtcomms

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

Thanks for the quick reply ,so the newest revision you can buy in the stores are compatible with the Demon?
But you dont advice i solder it myself tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Yes Coronas are compatible with dem0n. Right now the Coronas can't be RGH'ed but Team-X is currently working on it. They are pretty much done with 250GB/320GB version but are still figuring out the 4GB.

So what dash is the noob friendly'st or has te most end user functions.

If you're asking which is the easiest to mod, I believe 2.0.14719.0 and under is compatible with RGH. If you were to buy a console right now the dashboard should meet that requirement.

If anyone knows usefull links/tutorials i should read first before i continue?

Try snooping around Team-Xecuter.com, also try XJonnyGunsX & Dopesoner930 on youtube

#5 really_Wacky

really_Wacky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

So if i understand correctly i cant buy a 4gb xbox then, or when i do will i have to wait for a new chip?

Because if you RGH you can use any HDD right? so i would be cheaper to put a 2.5 laptop HDD inside.

So i have two options?

Buying the 4gb version and hoping there comes a solution.
or waiting and risking the new dashboard wont be glitchable? or is it allways glitchable?

#6 really_Wacky

really_Wacky

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:56 AM

Also if i buy the deamon kit i wont need the coolrunner anymore right the deamon chips would be all i need because the forums of team xecuter are confusing me tongue.gif

#7 jtcomms

jtcomms

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

So if i understand correctly i cant buy a 4gb xbox then, or when i do will i have to wait for a new chip?

I believe all Coronas require new chips that haven't been released yet although it might be possible for a few old devices to work for certain things. I'll run through some stuff real quick.

A CoolRunner is required to glitch the xbox.
Jrunner/Nand X is required to Read/Write to the Nand.
Dem0n is for Dual Nand, you can have Live & RGH on 1 box. I believe it can also Read/Write the Nand.

Because if you RGH you can use any HDD right? so i would be cheaper to put a 2.5 laptop HDD inside.

Depends. You can use certain laptop HDDs already in an unmodified console. While I know you can use bigger size HDDs on an RGH, I'm unsure if that can actually be used for saves & DLC.

So i have two options?

Buying the 4gb version and hoping there comes a solution.

While there is a chance that there might not be 1, I'm pretty sure Team-X will figure it out it will just take some time since they are almost done with the 250GB/320GB Glitch but I don't know for sure.

or waiting and risking the new dashboard wont be glitchable? or is it allways glitchable?

I'm unsure about this, I don't believe 2.0.15572.0 & 2.0.15574.0 are glitchable at the time since Microsoft made changes to certain things. Team-X will probably figure something out but then again I really don't know.

Also if i buy the demon kit i wont need the coolrunner anymore right the demon chips would be all i need because the forums of team xecuter are confusing me

You would still need CoolRunner but I don't think you need Jrunner/Nand X if you have a Dem0n. In your case you might be better off skipping Dem0n & just getting a Jrunner/Nand X though. It all depends on what you want to do with it.

I'm not really an expert at this stuff so I might be a little off but I hope I was of some help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users