Photo

Possible To "re-port" Xbox Emulators To Pc?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 themadman123

themadman123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Film...
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

So I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but I was thinking tonight while I was trying to set up XBMC to have all my emulators on my PC to work, and try and create a cool Front-End for myself... What is the one thing that I really hate about all of this?

Well, I can't stand the way the emulators on PCs look. They look like complete garbage, I've been using my modded xbox since 2002 or so and ever since there was modding for it, and the reason I go back to it to this day, instead of using my PC is not just because of the nice controller, but because it has a nice GUI. It looks nice, they have skins like for NES or Genesis, where they have background music playing and sprites running in the foreground and background. The layout is just amazing. It makes it worth playing around, or just scrolling around menus.

What Xport and everyone else did was simply amazing and I have been enjoying their hard work for years, and so tonight I went in search of trying to get all the emulators on my PC and do a HTPC with XBMC and make it be able to play emulators too. Well once I got them all, found out how much of a pain it is to set up with Advanced Launcher, and have it look like shit for hours worth of work, I thought to myself

"Why the hell hasn't anyone put the Xport versions of the emulators with the nice GUI and all the skins on the PC?"

I just thought about it and searched for a bit online and couldn't find a answer, so I came here. Again, I don't know if this is at all possible or anything, and I'm sure I'll be called a noob and get flamed, but its just an honest question. I would like to know why there aren't xport emulators with all that awesome stuff, just like the madmab editions, where it uses all the extra info, gamefaqs, videos, manuals and all that extra stuff on the PC? I assume it wouldn't be that hard. I have all the gigs and gigs of every game and manual and videos and all the extra stuff and think it would be awesome to have a Xport version of NES and Genesis emulators with nice skins on my PC.

Any answers as to if this is at even all possible, or if it has been done or whatever, would be awesome. Thanks everyone!

#2 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:38 AM

It's possible, but all the Xbox specific code would have to be rewritten and the emulators in most cases would be quite a deal different than the current PC versions; a lot of hacking and rewriting had to be done to get things running well for Xbox. I think the main reason nobody has done this is: the people who like the Xbox emulators play them on Xbox and the people who like PC emulators play the on PC. There are probably few people that fall in between -- and those that do probably use something like Hyperspin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users