• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MIGHTYMOUSEzero

MIGHTYMOUSEzero

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

i brought a 120gb drive and took out the 20gb i had in the xbox and it said it was 120 gb then i brought a transfer cable off an auction site and connected the 20 gb to my xbox and the new one throught the transfer cable to the front usb and when i tried to transfer the info it said that the new drive wasnt any good so i aborted the transfer as nothing had happened.
then when i put my 120 gb back into the xbox is says it is 16gb drive.
i have tried to reformat it with the xbox but it only alows to format up to 16-20gb
is there a program i can use or does anybody know of a step by step instructionson how to fix it. uhh.gif uhh.gif uhh.gif

Edited by MIGHTYMOUSEzero, 02 July 2012 - 03:22 PM.

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

I can only guess that you bought a 120GB HDD from eBay? Maybe these drives are "compatible", not genuine. You can recognize it by checking under the box for the Microsoft's security seal. If that's the case (the seal missing) then you must follow the hddhckr method, and using a proper 120GB .bin file for the HDD. Note that you must tear apart the case to take out the HDD from inside to do this. And when you take off the HDD, make sure it is a real 120GB drive indeed, not a 20GB (In that case you were fooled).

P.S. Use the Microsoft's genuine transfer DVD to transfer your data next time.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that you have to connect the transfer cable ONLY at the back USB, NOT the front ones! Otherwise the transfer disc will not recognize the external drive properly.

Edited by MadMaxGR, 03 July 2012 - 01:15 PM.

#3 MIGHTYMOUSEzero

MIGHTYMOUSEzero

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

the drive is a 120 gb because i can format it with my computer so i know it is not fake.
all i need is sombody to help me how to format the drive so it can be seen by my xbox

#4 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(MIGHTYMOUSEzero @ Jul 3 2012, 09:04 PM) View Post

the drive is a 120 gb because i can format it with my computer so i know it is not fake.
all i need is sombody to help me how to format the drive so it can be seen by my xbox

use google... why are you so lazy? we already told you that you need hddhckr utility plus the .bin file for 120GB HDD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users