• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 buttzillatwopointo

buttzillatwopointo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

The several backups I've made, on Krayzie's softmod, gives a DDE consistently after the "loading" bar fills at the main menu. It doesn't make any noise like it's actually having trouble reading the disc, it just abruptly says "The disk you are using is dirty or damaged etc" and stops spinning. If I manually boot the multiplayer XBE file, it works fine, but I have no desire to play multiplayer.

An odd thing that occurred to me: since Double Agent was, essentially, the last decent xbox game ever made, could it have a novel type of copy protection that either identifies the existence of a Krayzie softmod or DVD+R media?

I have the iso on my laptop and haven't actually put in the original since installing Krayzie, so I haven't yet tested the former hypothesis.

THANKS BROS <3 <3 no homo tho

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

Clear your cache (E:/cache), and then try the last copy you burned again. If that doesn't work, clear the cache again and try the original disc. If it doesn't work check the disc for bad scratches, dust, fingerprints, etc.

If the original disc works, you may just have a bad rip. Try making a new ISO, and also, try burning on a DVD-R, and also make sure you are burning @4x speed or the closest to that speed that your burner will do.

#3 buttzillatwopointo

buttzillatwopointo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

thanks brosef. forgot to mention (for the benefit of future readers) that I did clear cache and can confirm through means i will not describe that it's a good rip.

your other two suggestions are definitely worth trying, thanks!

#4 wowgold

wowgold

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:26 AM

huh.gif try the last copy you burned again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users