• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kaushikdb

kaushikdb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:41 AM

360 shuts off display leaving power light on. 10 minutes. All again.

Well, Now I'm having this issue for the second time. My 360 turns off the display suddenly, with leaving it's power and controller light on. The controller button remains on even if I turn the controller off. If I press the power button, if won't turn off. Then I have to unplug it to turn off. I turn it on again. Turns on the power light but no display no sound. No disk tray out. Unplug and rest 10 mins. Now, it's turns on normally. then same all happens after 5 minutes.Turns off the display and all that.

I've encountered this before. I have to repair. It did well for somedays. But now it starts all again. I don't really want to pay for something I absolutely didn't caused. At least for the second time. Any help would be really appreciated.

Sometimes it goes like this. It turns off. No power light. Then I press the power button, nothing happens. Then I unplug and plug again. press the power button. It turns on with no display and automatically turns off after couple of seconds. Or sometimes it turns on as normal then shuts down completely within a few minutes.

I tried to open up the console and run it. Did it. But result is the same. I'm a newbie right. But I think it's not the overheating problem. Secondly I noticed there's some sticky liquid(heat sink liquid) on my system board. Maybe those people whom I gave my console so solve this issue did this. They solved the issue. But I went good only for a few months. Then one the xbox shuts down suddenly. It starts all over again.

Please help. Can't see my xbox dead though it's alive.
Note:
1/ Console is well ventilated.

I am tired off Microsoft's troubleshooting.

#2 canyonnehastings

canyonnehastings

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE(kaushikdb @ Jul 2 2012, 10:41 PM) View Post

360 shuts off display leaving power light on. 10 minutes. All again.

Well, Now I'm having this issue for the second time. My 360 turns off the display suddenly, with leaving it's power and controller light on. The controller button remains on even if I turn the controller off. If I press the power button, if won't turn off. Then I have to unplug it to turn off. I turn it on again. Turns on the power light but no display no sound. No disk tray out. Unplug and rest 10 mins. Now, it's turns on normally. then same all happens after 5 minutes.Turns off the display and all that.

I've encountered this before. I have to repair. It did well for somedays. But now it starts all again. I don't really want to pay for something I absolutely didn't caused. At least for the second time. Any help would be really appreciated.
Sometimes it goes like this. It turns off. No power light. Then I press the power button, nothing happens. Then I unplug and plug again. press the power button. It turns on with no display and automatically turns off after couple of seconds. Or sometimes it turns on as normal then shuts down completely within a few minutes.

I tried to open up the console and run it. Did it. But result is the same. I'm a newbie right. But I think it's not the overheating problem. Secondly I noticed there's some sticky liquid(heat sink liquid) on my system board. Maybe those people whom I gave my console so solve this issue did this. They solved the issue. But I went good only for a few months. Then one the xbox shuts down suddenly. It starts all over again.

Please help. Can't see my xbox dead though it's alive.
Note:
1/ Console is well ventilated.

I am tired off Microsoft's troubleshooting.

What color is the thermal paste you see on the motherboard?

#3 kaushikdb

kaushikdb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE(canyonnehastings @ Jul 3 2012, 09:28 AM) View Post

What color is the thermal paste you see on the motherboard?

It has no color. It's just sticky. And kind of white thing where it is thickened.

#4 canyonnehastings

canyonnehastings

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

QUOTE(kaushikdb @ Jul 2 2012, 11:09 PM) View Post

It has no color. It's just sticky. And kind of white thing where it is thickened.

Okay well what you describe doesn't really sound like an overheat. You'll want to disassemble the Xbox and remove the heatsinks. Use Qtips and rubbing alcohol to clean off the board and the CPU/GPU. Follow a tutorial on reapplying new thermal paste and see what happens. Sounds more like a power problem to me, which is why I asked what color the paste on the board was. If it was silver or grey, that means its a silver-based compound which can be capacitive and might result in the symptoms youre describing, but its not likely.

#5 kaushikdb

kaushikdb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(canyonnehastings @ Jul 3 2012, 09:44 AM) View Post

Okay well what you describe doesn't really sound like an overheat. You'll want to disassemble the Xbox and remove the heatsinks. Use Qtips and rubbing alcohol to clean off the board and the CPU/GPU. Follow a tutorial on reapplying new thermal paste and see what happens. Sounds more like a power problem to me, which is why I asked what color the paste on the board was. If it was silver or grey, that means its a silver-based compound which can be capacitive and might result in the symptoms youre describing, but its not likely.

I already wiped out the liquid with a dry cloth as much as I could. I'll try to reapply new thermal paste. Is there any other thing that I should try?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users