• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 updogg

updogg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

My end goal is to have an xbox that supports XBMC, a larger hard drive, and does not require a dvd drive to be present.

I planned on only doing a softmod but read that I need to find a drive that is capable of locking, which seems to be hit and miss. To guarantee that this will work I read I can use the TSOP method and flash a bios that allows for unlocked drives. Can someone guide me through this process as it is hard to narrow down a correct method as a lot of articles appear to be out of date or the links no longer work.

I first plan on soft modding my Xbox with Splinter Cell, a xbox to female usb cord, a 4GB flash drive, and SID 5.0.

Once I get to this point can someone explain the procedure required to perform a TSOP mod and will allow for the three requirements I posted at the beginning of this post?

Thank you for your time! If you have any additional questions please let me know and I'll try to respond as quick as I can.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Solder the TSOP points, then use a boot / rescue / install disc (e.g. HeXEn, Google Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc, burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower) to flash the BIOS and set up the new dash.

Once that's done you can use HeXEn to build the new hard drive. Install the drive, boot with HeXEn, set up the new drive.

Alternatively you can do the flashing manually, using Evox or one of the Raincoat flashers.

Edited by Heimdall, 03 July 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#3 updogg

updogg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Does the bios that I flash from this disk support all that natively, unlocked hard drives, no dvd required? Thank you for such a quick response.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

All BIOSes support unlocked disks. For no-DVD operation, if your Xbox is a 1.0 or 1.1 use X2.5035, but if your Xbox is 1.2-1.5 use iND-BIOS.5003. In both cases you will have to manually edit the config file to disable DVD checking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users