• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ultraboard101

Ultraboard101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hey guys, i just bought a flashed 360. The person i bought it from told me it was banned from Xbox Live. I have been reading around and ive heard from to many sources that there is not way to Un-Ban yourself. However, i got into the system settings just to check it out for sure myself, because who knows maby it isnt. And when i do a Xbox Live Connection test, it tells me i need to update. Is this a good thing? Is it possible im not banned? If i hit the update button will it tell me it cant update because it can't connect in the first place? Or is it impossible for a banned system to even get to that official update screen?

Also, my 2nd and more important question - how do i update the flashed dash? Currently under System Into it reads -

Dashboard 2.0.13146.0

I called him about it asking which version of "LT+" it is, and he told it me was "LT+1.9". There are a few games i want to play, that research shows it needs "LT+2.0". How do i update this?? Thats my biggest question. Also, will the offical Dashboard Updates erase the flashed dashboard? What will happen if i do an official update? Will i no longer be able to play burnt games?

Last and finally, ive been trying to research if i can run ISO's off of a portable harddrive that is formatted to FAT 32. Ive seen alot of people saying you can with Jtagg, but can i do it with the LT+?

Thanks for any responses. Pretty new to all of this stuff.

Edited by Ultraboard101, 07 July 2012 - 06:38 AM.

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE(Ultraboard101 @ Jul 6 2012, 09:52 PM) View Post

Last and finally, ive been trying to research if i can run ISO's off of a portable harddrive that is formatted to FAT 32. Ive seen alot of people saying you can with Jtagg, but can i do it with the LT+?

LT+ is DVD drive firmware only responsible for allowing the play of backup DVDs.

JTAG/RGH allows for running a mod dash (Freestyle Dash) which is responsible for detection of and an interface to backups you've loaded on a HDD.

#3 Ultraboard101

Ultraboard101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE(Xombe @ Jul 7 2012, 01:37 AM) View Post

LT+ is DVD drive firmware only responsible for allowing the play of backup DVDs.

JTAG/RGH allows for running a mod dash (Freestyle Dash) which is responsible for detection of and an interface to backups you've loaded on a HDD.

Ah okay that makes a lot of sense. Any info on the other questions?

#4 talax

talax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

To upgrade your drive to a newer LT version, you (most likely) need to disassemble your 360 and flash the DVD on your PC. Google jungleflasher. If you've never taken your 360 apart, you may need additional tools to do so, as well as additional tools and devices to plug the drive into your pc.
What tools you need depends on the model drive you have.

If you upgrade the XBOX dashboard to the latest version, it may overwrite your flashed drive and put it back to stock, depending on what version you are starting from. Since the recommended step before upgrading your dashboard is to flash the drive back to stock firmware (original firmware), upgrade dashboard, then reflash your dvd again with LT firmware, if you want to upgrade your dashboard, you are going to have to learn how to flash your drive (unless you want to keep on paying someone to do it for you).

As far as connecting to Live, it's always risky to do so, even if you are not flagged. eventually (it may take a while), Microsoft will ban you. If the guy told you that the 360 was banned, it most likely is, but it doesn't hurt too much to just check (although if you do, your save games and profile may show up as "corrupted" if you move them to an unbanned xbox, so do so at your own risk). They are not really corrupted, they just can't be used on an unbanned xbox without some modification. Other than the save game and profile issues, there isn't much harm in just checking to see if your banned if you wish.

#5 tomgreen99200

tomgreen99200

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

You most likely need LT+3.0 btw but you can check this site for a list of all the current releases: Click Here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users