• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 meltron3030

meltron3030

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

I'm working my way through my first attempt at lighting the dome/guide button. Everything seemed to be working fine until I attached the Play and Charge kit. The dome LED's and and surface LED's are on until I try to charge the battery. Once its plugged in, the dome LED's turn off. Does anyone know if this is normal? Perhaps I've wired something incorrectly or I've used the wrong components? Any advice would be super appreciated. Thx.

CG2 Wireless Board
4x 3mm Blue LED's
10K Ohm 1.4w Resistor
2N2904 NPN Transistor

http://i.imgur.com/6U2M9.jpg

Edited by RDC, 08 July 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,790 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

This should have gone in your other thread since it's the same topic.

If you really have a 2904 in there then that's the problem. It's a PNP, which is the wrong type of Transistor. Put a 3904 in there. Change the 10k to a 1k as well.

You should also clean up the solder joints a bit, and you only need 1 wire for power and ground to the LEDs, and they can all be tied together at the LEDs instead. It's all the same electrically for what you're doing there and you're not pulling enough current that only 1 wire isn't going to cut it, so instead of having 8 of them run thru the controller you'll have just 2 of them.

Edited by RDC, 08 July 2012 - 02:43 PM.

#3 meltron3030

meltron3030

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:53 PM

Sorry, typo; 2N3904 is what I'm using. smile.gif and thanks for the help RDC.

So I replaced the 10k resistor with a 1k-0hm 1/4 5% tolerance resistor and the dome LED's are still turning off when I use the plug and charge kit. Did I use the correct type of 1k resistor?

#4 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,790 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

That really shouldn't be happening. Try changing the spot you're using to power the LEDs.

Use the far left spot at the PnC battery connecter, the row of 4 there in the middle of the controller in your pic. It's the first one counting from left to right. That spot has power no matter which battery pack is used, as well as when the PnC cable is plugged up.

If it still does it after that, then I've no idea, unless the laws of physics just don't apply to that controller, you have something wired up beyond funky that's not in the pic there or the controller has a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users