17 replies to this topic

#16 relaxxx

relaxxx

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

With all that crap done to the board I'd doubt it was a BGA failure but it's possible.

I would first address that long blue CPU RST wire stuffed under the x-clamp. I would desolder it from the coolrunner, untangle it under the board and run it outside the steel cage. either make a hole or use the screw hole (don't use the screw) near the bottom solder point. As you put the board back in the cage, feed all the wire out to the bottom of the cage. Coil it up on the bottom somewhere leaving just enough to run to the left side and through a vent hole to the coolrunner. I'd also relocate the coolrunner to the far left side by the NAND chip. Once it's working good you can also cover the outside CPU RST wire with foil and tape, shielding it even more. That should at least fix any CPU interference.

Edited by relaxxx, 26 July 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#17 gloomanater

gloomanater

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Electronics,Repairs,Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

Happened to me . Its from a bad patch it bricked you console kinda and messed up the kernel so when you hit one random point of playing it freezes. In my opinion get a new one or ship it to a professional

#18 vicicarus

vicicarus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

Thank you all so much for the help,

This is the update:

I boosted the fan speed in FSD to 100% while running the console naked and it would freeze when I plug in any USB device. The system would get a black screen on its own from time to time(with out me doing anything). I moved the CPU_RST cable up on top and to the side of system away from fan and that seems to work for it by not letting the system go black but sometimes the USB would and wouldn't work.
IPB Image
That worked until I put case and cover back together then it went back to doing what it does best(messing up). Soooooo this is where it stands for NOW,

I had a guy check out all the soldering points and since I got a copy of the original nand he also re-flashed it again using J Runner program. He coiled the CPU_RST wire under the mother board as show on tutorials and the system now doesn't go black but, what was discovered was that the front USB port might be loose or messed up, they still give the checkered design from time to time as long as I don't use then they don't mess up. I plugged in USB devices(control or flash drives) on the back USB ports of the system and those don't checkered up.Sooooo at the end it was a couple of things going on at once.

And the last thing I will say is that the side cable it has under the silicone or glue there was a Ohm resistor like the kind you would see on a phat jtag setup????????? it was taken off with no affect to the system???????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users