1 reply to this topic

#1 armando20_02

armando20_02

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:29 AM

Hi All,

I recently moved across the country with my trusty Xbox 1.0, which I've loved since purchase on launch day. I softmodded it a few years ago with the Ndure via Xboxhdm, but I'm not sure as to the specific exploit used. It's currently running UnleashX without any eject option (MS Dash/etc.), thus will just boot to UnleashX regardless of Eject/Power.

I'd like to give this thing a fresh softmod/dash upgrade and probably run XBMC along with the MS Dash on eject. I've attempted to use AID's 4.5 installer disc, but I just get black screens, regardless of media/burning options. I figure there's got to be a way to upgrade the existing softmod/dash through FTP, but I can't find any tutorials post-2007. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions? I have FTP access to my PC and I'm running an upgraded (80 GB) HDD. I'm figuring that there should be some way to just clear the C/E/F partitions and overwrite them with an updated dash/softmod.

I should also point out that it seems that the C is being ghosted (clear on FTP and File Explorer in UnleashX) and I also have my EEPROM backed up to my PC.

Thanks!

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

Google "Heimdall's Xbox Engineering Disc". Description of what it does

Option 2.1 or 2.2 should upgrade your xbox to the latest softmod: KIngroach's or Krayzie's BUT Ndure is still state of the art as far as softmods are concerned. So unless something is broken, I don't see the point of this ''upgrade'. You are probably using one of the version of Kingroach Ndure since you took the hotswapping route with xboxhdm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users