Photo

Is Ndure's "forced 480p" Mode Real Progressive Scan?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SquirlKiller

SquirlKiller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:52 AM

I read the description somewhere and it says it 'converts' any thing that tries to play in interlaced mode. Does that mean the 480p isnt real 480p? Is there a way to uninstall/remove the forced 480p mode? Because it outputs PAL 576i in 480p as well

Edited by SquirlKiller, 12 July 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#2 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

Reinstall your softmod without that feature, or possibly learn how to create a config for what you want if you are uising a compatible NKpatcher.

Config file goes here E:\NKP11\NKP11_config.bin

Google can help with more info.

I would guess you also have to have your xbox in NTSC mode and ensure you are using HD component cables.

#3 SquirlKiller

SquirlKiller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:47 AM

yes its an ntsc xbox in hd mode. But it wont matter if i reinstall softmod, the xbox had it when i installed it, i never messed with the nkpatcher

#4 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

I misunderstood I think - you are saying it works when you don't want it to? You have to re install the softmod or create a config as I mentioned to remove forced 480p. I think there were a few games that ignored the fact they could run in 480p.

#5 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

I'm trying to understand why you're actually bothered about this. There are few genuine PAL50 only games, most support 480p and if you're playing them on a NTSC set Xbox with HD cable connections that is what you'll get. What you're saying is that you want a 576i/50Hz option in NTSC mode and AFAIK that in't possible.

Surely it is easy just to region change to PAL and disabled the PAL60 option if you really want to use 576i/50Hz.

Edited by fallenangle, 12 July 2012 - 01:17 PM.

#6 SquirlKiller

SquirlKiller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

I wasnt bothered by it, it just striked me odd that it did it auomatically when i didnt set it to. If I put xbmc in PAL mode, it says its outputting 576i but my tv shows 480p. I actually like it but was just surprised as i didnt put it. I have no intention of removing it i just wanted to know if there was a way. So thanks guys. Also, could you also answer my main question? (topic title)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users