• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lualdi

lualdi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:28 AM

The Eject button doesn't work at all save for the LEDs in it indicating that the Xbox powers on.

It won't power on the Xbox when I press it and it certainly won't eject the disc.

The manual disc eject button hidden below the drive also seems to not have any effect and doesn't eject anything.

I'm not sure what could be wrong. I've checked for shorts and any bad traces or solder splashing and I see nothing that could be causing this ANYWHERE.

#2 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

the trace would be on the underside of the board on the outer edge..
but like i said in your other thread... the front pannel PCB is probably just lose, try pressing against it as you push you the button.

#3 lualdi

lualdi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:20 AM

The problem is fixed, though I don't know how permanently.

#4 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

If when you press the the eject button there's no sound of a motor trying to eject the tray drawer it is unlikely to be a simple mechanical problem with the disc drive. Getting the drawer open isn't going to be of much purpose as the same motor also raises the laser carriage and clamps the disc.

There's no eject button apart from the one with the LEDs. There is a manual eject facility which involves poking something long, thin but stiff (like a ballpoint pen ink cartridge) down the hole adajcent to the disc drive drawer on the front of the Xbox.

It sometimes requires a fairly firm push and may help if the back of the Xbox is propped up so that the front is point down at an angle. You should feel resistance when you poke the tool down the hole but press against it and the tray drawer will be pushed out a little way, enough to pull it open.

I'd suspect shambles1980 is right about it either being a trace or front panel PCB problem of some sort but I was also wondering if you have you checked the cable connections to the disc drive are all press fully home?

Edit: I posted this before I read your news about it now working but still might be useful so I won't delete it.

Edited by fallenangle, 14 July 2012 - 04:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users