6 replies to this topic

#1 gin024

gin024

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

Please help Games trainers emulators where gone when i restarted my xbox

after restarting my xbox skin changes to evo x and i only got 5 options to choose
ms dashboard=blank when i press it, it shows a logo of evo x after 1min its just turns back at choosing again this 5 options
reboot
power off
setting and
backup=blank

now i cant play games on my HDD but when i insert game dvd the game is fine only prob is cant access the games on my HDD

#2 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

That's precious little information to go off.

Softmod, chipped, or TSOP flashed Xbox? I'm assuming chipped.

Get the HDD out and check its SMART status or some other diagnostic. It may be failing. If so, install a new HDD and set it up using HeXen or Slayers autoinstallers.

Or, your evox.ini may just have become borked. Did you use the Evox dash (not skin) prior to this, or something other?

Edited by Xombe, 20 July 2012 - 06:46 AM.

#3 gin024

gin024

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

softmoded

the apps change suddenly when i restarted my xbox i cant select games anymore and emulators all i have are those 5 options..

the screen saver suddenly change to evolution x

when i press ms dashboard and evo x logo will pop up then its just go back to the beginning

when i press back up its just says backuping:)

i cant launch games on hdd

#4 gin024

gin024

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

IPB Image

this is my problem

#5 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

I assume you've tried scrolling up and down or pressing Back or B on the crontroller - I doubt very much that will show you any other options but there are some odd skins out there which may simply be hiding them.

Otherwise although I've not seen a reduced EvoX menu like that it looks to me like it is possibly a recovery dash of some sort. UnleashX, depending on the softmod used (eg. SID/AID), also goes to a minimalist revovery dash too.

As I understand it the point is to allow a repair disc to be run so you can fix a damaged/corrupted softmod. The detail is outside my knowledge so I'd wait for a forum expert to reply before proceeding. However if it were me I'd be thinking about using my Splintercell disc + the carefully preserved exploit/installer game saves to get me to an install dash with a File Explorer and a FTP facility.

BTW the Evox Backup option will be backing up the eeprom.bin etc most likely to the original install game save folder in UDATA. In my limited experience of EvoxX the post-install evox.ini is sometimes left pointing at the wrong MS dash .xbe so unless it was working before I wouldn't be surprised that it isn't working. now.

Edited by fallenangle, 20 July 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#6 gin024

gin024

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

backup = blank nothing i can do with those 5 options

#7 fallenangle

fallenangle

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:49 AM

I think you misunderstood - I suspect when you click on Backup it is working and will be writing the eeprom.bin etc to the Backup folder in the UDATA folder I mentioned. If the eeprom is already backed up there it won't do anything. But what it does mean is that you likely do have a copy of the eeprom available should it be required. Problem is you need to be able to get to dash with a File Manager/Explorer and FTP to be able to do anything whether the eeprom is needed or not.

How you do this I'm not sure, so, as I said earlier, wait for more specific advice before doing anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users